Join for free
Page 306 of 1676 « First < 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 806 1306 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

If ever a good song was flogged to death that one surely takes the prize Pug, I loved it first time around then got so fed up hearing it I never wanted to hear it again, if you know what I mean.

“Any bird can built a nest, but not everyone can lay an egg” Stan Laurel.

Beaglestreet life insurance ad on TV, the young chap tells them on the phone that he’s in his thirties and doesn’t smoke (neither do millions more nowadays, so I don’t think that carries as much clout as it used to) He asks how much it will cost him, this is the answer he gets back “I’m confident it will cost less than you expect” ????? she’s confident? it ain’t her life wots getting insured and she doesn’t have to cough up anything, no wonder she’s confident.
Is it just me or does that make any sense to anyone as an answer?
Next time I’m up in the local getting a pint I’ll ask Tony the barman how much will it cost me, and if he answers “I’m confident it will cost you less than you expect” I'll answer “Then here’s a euro, I have great expectations.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
It wasn't just herself that had the knowledge,Jem-her brother Tony knows the way to Amarillo!

...and the route he knows involves some well dodgy Avenues & Alleyways!
The fixed criteria for a Driver in he Smoke!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 09:48 PM

After reading a thread here about companies tracking folks all over the internet and snooping into their private shopping habits, business dealings, transactions, etc., it made me think of that fairly new stalking law, I’m sure if some crafty lawyer wanted to get onto a nice big earner he could come up with a very clever plan to use the stalking law to take these companies to court for “Stalking private citizens on the airwaves in the course of their daily lives”
I mean if I was to follow some woman all around town, watching every shop she went into and making a note of what she bought and how much she paid for the items I’d be locked up before you could say Jack Robinson.
It’s unbelievable how quick they track you, I was googling to see how much a bottle of port was in the supermarket the wife was going to, I barely had the word ‘Port” typed when up pops a bottle of Sandemans on the corner of the screen, how did they know that was my favourite port?
They are walking all over us, It’s high time the public fought back to regain some general privacy when on the internet without having to download special apps and use dodgy browsing tactics, thankfully I never use banks and only have a prepaid credit card with never more than 200 euros on it.
Where’s Arthur Daly’s brief when you need him.

The brother’s youngfella lost his job in the seafood section of the supermarket, he’s a lazy bugger anyway. They were stocktaking and he wouldn’t move a mussel.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 09:50 PM

Looks like Gummy's got special dispensation from the members list, this has been invigilated by an independent source.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-09-2017, 09:58 PM

Sorry now, time is up, this Thread has become like a Quorum of Solace. Ta-Ta.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Yes your right Spitty, RJ gone and Gummy barred has put the damper on it for sure, two great characters and sadly missed.
Still it’s the only thread I can put my scribbles into without annoying anyone who writes serious poetry and similar stuff, I don’t do the games, gardening, politics, or technicals, so it looks like it’s back to talking to meself again, but that never bothered me before, I’ll still pop in from time to time.

Then there were none.

One took to the writing in the way of his Uncle Viv
The life of a author he wanted to live.
Be it in heaven or be it in hell
Many’s the good yarn he lived to tell
The next chap went mining diamonds, just on a whim
Now all his mates call him Kimberly Jim
The third fella loved guitars and wanted to hoard them
But he soon got fed up and died of boredom
Next in line was he of the short ditty
Still wandering around the place is dear old Spitty
All gone now and the door is shut
The link is broken and the line is cut.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 04:55 PM

Oh,pause for a mo,chaps!
Am I to understand that the writers of such timeless 'jems-wivva-little-j' are now left,ne'er to return??? Are you saying that the creative ability such as this planet has never before known...and now,will never know again....have [gulp] LEFT???

Oh,how necessary I find my guitar
when discovering 'they're gone-those both near and afar.
For,the blues doth descend [in drop-d,naturally]
causing 4-bar riffs to emanate from me.

I play in 2/4-time,as I think of those times,
Texts of wit,texts of humour,the ridiculous rhymes.
But now,the reality is there's just me left,
the "unbeakable Brotherhood" has been finally cleft.

So,I ask myself,what should I do?
Should I post as if all were as was?
Should I continue to post idle thoughts and ideas,
or should I exercise the 'I'm gone too' clause?

Ha! I know,what I'll start to do!
I've had an idea,y'see.
I'll use a false name,when I post stuff here,
that way,no-one'll know it was me!!!!

[posted by Gup,who none of you know....m'kay]

{oh,pps,by the way....it isn't me-don't forget that!}
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-09-2017, 10:21 PM

Pugsy, this thread has an attraction, a bit like the attraction a dog has, when investigating the bottom of the Garden, looking for somewhere to Die, someone will always pick up the scent, Viva le Scribblers.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Oh,I hope you're right,spits. This particular forum is always my refuge after an 18-hour day of being very busy being me. I do also use chess forums and Bumblebee,the police auction site-other than that,if I'm using the Mac I'm writing songs/music,if I'm using the Toshiba I'm browsing-usually aimlessly. I know I'm a luddite,a pariah,a freak,who has more interest in particle physics than politics...but I also have 9 guitars,4 harmonicas & a drum kit [plus three MASSIVE amp stacks]...so I'm not dead yet!

...unless I am and no-one bothered telling me....
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

26-09-2017, 02:20 PM

Oh-and.....how did you know it was me???????????!???????????????

Page 306 of 1676 « First < 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 806 1306 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top