Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 09:48 AM

Are you curious?

Are you curious do you go searching on line for your ancestors? To tell you the truth i really do not see any point in it myself who wants to find out if their ancestors were Turnip pickers or not lol!! Nope just not interested in who came before me a complete waste of money. Merry Christmas go easy on the Port you lot.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:09 AM

Re: Are you curious?

I already know all about my and your ancestors. It all depends on how far you want to go back. Go all the way and what you'll find is a single cell. But somewhere along the line there are monkeys and even fish.
As far as names go, I only know my grandfather's father's and mother's names.
So, yeah. I am curious. I'd like to know more.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:20 AM

One of my more recent ancestors did the research around 40 years ago.
Fascinating and well worth doing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:25 AM

I have often wondered about my ancestors and being as my dad was originally from Czechoslovakia and now passed away I know I have lots of relatives living in Eastern Europe but dont know any of them..
I wouldnt go looking now ,but ive got several of my dads relatives living in the Uk who I do know
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Yes I am curious to know where I originated I hope to do some more research on my Mothers family when I can find the time.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:22 AM

In my time I have also explored my family’s history. I call it family history, not genealogy. That is because I only wanted to explore people whose lives I could know about. Obviously I had ancestors in the Eighteenth Century but I have no interest in just showing their names on a family tree.

Being an immigrant I could not count on Parish Registers or the ten yearly censuses available in this country. I have relied on three sources: what my mother told me, a lot of photographs that my grandmother kept and a distant cousin who told me a lot of things before he died.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:25 AM

It seems someone did trace our family history-no money,and one got flogged for theft. When it got to my father------------this site has been blocked.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top