Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 05:16 PM

Re: Why don't the Royal's help more?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Or in the real world ...
She was a young woman who married a chap who was already involved with another woman. She'd have to be incredibly naïve not to have been aware of that.
Perhaps she thought he'd change? That she'd oust the competition? Who knows?
In the end she might well have thought .. if you can't beat them, join them.
The upshot was that marriage had an adulterer and an adulteress. A bit more than flirting I think.
The squidgy tapes, to be blunt, did her no favours. she came over as a shallow, weak woman ... which has to be offset against the undoubtedly good work she did for charities.

The one significant difference been .. you have to take great care when you are an adulteress and married to the heir of the throne, for obvious reasons connected to the succession. Thank goodness the days of Anne Boleyn have long gone.

Whilst I agree, that to a degree, she was a victim of circumstance ... I don't believe she folded up her angelic wings when she lay down in bed at night to rest.

Yes, but look what happened to her anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 05:23 PM

I don't believe she folded up her angelic wings when she lay down in bed at night to rest.
You mean you think she kept them on?
What the heck are you saying because I don't understand your reasoning?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:40 PM

I find it highly unlikely she owned a pair.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:22 AM

The problem with Royals is there is too many of the hanger on types (minor royals) who still have the right to draw on tax payers money to have far distant junkies with their entourage.

Keep the queen or head royal and spouse and also next in line, let all the others go and work like the rest of us.

I don't think many would object to that

Keep Buck House and sell the others or open them up to those in need. Most visitors to the UK want to see Buck House as that is where the top royals are and therefore a money spinner.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 08:26 PM

Kate and William have decided to leave Anmer Hall in Norfolk which they told us about a year ago was going to be their permanent home as it was ideal for raising children. It was completely refurbished .... which we paid for ..... for them to move into and now they're off to Kensington to live.

They should be made to give it over to the homeless or refugees. It's criminal that it just stand there empty.

The quicker we get rid of these spongers the better.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 09:06 PM

I agree, however it ain"t gonna happen . they are s--t to an army blanket.
LOL
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Well Tarantula, having spent the whole of my working life dealing with the problem of homelessness would it surprise you that the majority of those sleeping rough in our big cities are ex-armed forces. Most people don't want to know this because then they might feel that they should do something. I gave up buying poppies for Remembrance Day many years ago. These brave men and women should not have to rely on charity: it needs the population to stand and fight for them to be treated fairly by the country for which they put on the uniform. And yes ... about time the Royals did a bit more than standing on platforms to accept the passing salutes, then shaking hands with a carefully selected few. A days' work?? they wouldn't know what it was if it bit them on the bum.
Very well said Emerald.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:45 AM

To be fair ... the jury is still out on that one isn't it?
Nor would I say people are ignorant to wonder about it though I'm sure the Queen had it ascertained for fact, one way or the other.

There was a time when I thought he looked like Hewitt. .. and also like Di's brother.
But now William is following his father and getting as bald as an egg and Harry's mop of hair is still like a clump of wire wool.

A young Di with a young Hewitt. Presumably happier days for her.

Hewitt is Harry's father thought all knew that same hair colour and almost twins. But of cause we aren't supposed to know that are we?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Hewitt is Harry's father thought all knew that same hair colour and almost twins. But of cause we aren't supposed to know that are we?
It's not just the striking physical likeness to Hewitt but it's Harry's personality that sets him apart from the rest of the stuffy royals.

Of course royalists always argue that Harry is the image of Charles and will argue till the cows come home that he is not Hewitts child but anybody with a brain can see he is.

All the royals have long faces, big horsey teeth and large features. Harry is the only one who has small features, normal sized teeth and a completely different appearance. His smiles and General demeanour are also completely different to the other royals.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 10:59 AM

What cheap and nasty speculation .

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top