Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Re: endoscopy

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
top end i was brave and didn't have sedation. It was fine.
I remembered a tip about concerntrating solely on breathing very slowly in and out, and i didn't gag.

Bum end i always ask for the legal limit and then some!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 05:17 PM

I had an endoscopy and opted for a little sedation, was over very quickly and to be honest I couldn't remember a thing afterwards.
You can't drive home if you have the sedation, other than that no problems.
Mine was the 'top end' never had the colonoscopy, thank goodness !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I had an endoscopy and opted for a little sedation, was over very quickly and to be honest I couldn't remember a thing afterwards.
You can't drive home if you have the sedation, other than that no problems.
Mine was the 'top end' never had the colonoscopy, thank goodness !!
Same here Cranberry
One reason I refused the sedation is I had to drive home and go to work, I wasn't allowed to be ill and miss work
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Robert matey, have had both ends done on the same morning - about 15 - 20 minutes apart. Because of other 'health issues' wasn't allowed full anaesthetic, had Antanox instead - not very comfortable but surviverable, (t'other end - Colonoscopy) was the more painful.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 08:23 PM

Ihave had both top and bottom, top was a bit uncomfortable, having to swallow the camera made me gag a bit, but staff are very understanding and you manage,Bottom rather painful, but again staff were very nice and gentle,I was given gas & air during this proceedure which helped, with a nurse sitting beside me holding my hand. Both only last a short while, soon over
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2017, 03:32 PM

I have had 2 Colonoscopies and 5 Gastroscopies. The last one being a month ago. I received sedation for the majority and a throat numbing spray occasionally. Overall I found the procedures to be fairly quick and painless. In fact I couldn't really remember much about any of them, just feeling sleepy and relaxed.
I found the staff were always very pleasant and helpful in the Endoscopy suite and try to address any concerns you have.
If you choose not to have sedation you can leave almost immediately after the procedure. Otherwise its a couple of hours after.
Best wishes for a good result.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:18 PM

I had 3 gall stones removed from my bile duct a few months ago using this procedure. I had worked myself up into a right state, my imagination running wild, was scared stiff. They sprayed my throat to numb it and gave me stuff to totally relax me. I remember nothing at all not even the tube going down. I came too very quickly and was sitting up nattering with the nurses and feeling fine within minutes.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am due to have one of these procedures & have heard only horror stories, anyone know the truth?
Isn't that the procedure mentioned in today's MoS that apparently can be done away with for a trouble "free test".

I'll check. I did pull it out to read at other times.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Isn't that the procedure mentioned in today's MoS that apparently can be done away with for a trouble "free test".

I'll check. I did pull it out to read at other times.
I was thinking of the alternative to the colonoscophy test. The DIY shit test. I think it's the one that has been going for a while where they send an envelope and ask you to supply a shit sample.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was thinking of the alternative to the colonoscophy test. The DIY shit test. I think it's the one that has been going for a while where they send an envelope and ask you to supply a shit sample.
Yes, I get one of those, every other year I think. However, it is no replacement for a colonoscopy.

The 'shit test' simply shows whether or not you have blood in your poo - even if it isn't visible.

A colonoscopy is necessary to identify the origin and cause of the blood (or other things for that matter).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top