Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 11:53 AM

bad advice given

just been on another photographic site and a lot of the advice given is by those who don't even own that particular camera/camcorder. Even down to which to get is so often totally different from the original posters question.

One example was a person just starting out in photography wanted to now a decent tripod but not too expensive.

One reply was get a fiesel tripod, oh yer!!! costing anything from £300 up to £600+ because he had one.

my own camcorder can fit in my trouser pocket yet another poster said it was too cumbersome for him.
Posting for posting sake without any thought of what idiots they are showing themselves to be

Too many so called "experts" who never ever put up any pictures they have taken, I wonder why??
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Re: bad advice given

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
just been on another photographic site and a lot of the advice given is by those who don't even own that particular camera/camcorder. Even down to which to get is so often totally different from the original posters question.

One example was a person just starting out in photography wanted to now a decent tripod but not too expensive.

One reply was get a fiesel tripod, oh yer!!! costing anything from £300 up to £600+ because he had one.

my own camcorder can fit in my trouser pocket yet another poster said it was too cumbersome for him.
Posting for posting sake without any thought of what idiots they are showing themselves to be

Too many so called "experts" who never ever put up any pictures they have taken, I wonder why??
That kind of thing is incredibly annoying and just goes to show how many STUPID people there are in this world.

There are a couple of people I 'know' on FB (previously known on a genealogy website).

They are always quick to jump in with advice, whether it be about venetian blinds, skincare products or other mundane issues, often posting links to websites, shops etc.

I know from experience that their (mis) information must be avoided.

They are also quite rude to people. It seems to be par for the course. I just don't get it, this mind set.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2017, 07:28 PM

Re: bad advice given

Hmmm.... TP?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top