Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:54 AM

IMMIGRATION And BREXIT

Let's face it we the British people have got ourselves into this Brexit mess due to the Immigration problem and the immigration issue alone .

For years the British people have expressed concern -and been called racist ,xenophobic etc for doing so.

Successive government have just ignored these concerns .
Indeed the Labour Party betrayed its traditional support group by allowing in thousands of people who where in competition with and undercut many blue collar jobs.

Now we are left with a bunch of incompetents who simply don't know what to do about Brexit .

All the governments had to do was control immigration it was only common sense .

But that was and is in short supply and has lead us to where we stand now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Re: IMMIGRATION And BREXIT

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Let's face it we the British people have got ourselves into this Brexit mess due to the Immigration problem and the immigration issue alone .

For years the British people have expressed concern -and been called racist ,xenophobic etc for doing so.

Successive government have just ignored these concerns .
Indeed the Labour Party betrayed its traditional support group by allowing in thousands of people who where in competition with and undercut many blue collar jobs.

Now we are left with a bunch of incompetents who simply don't know what to do about Brexit .

All the governments had to do was control immigration it was only common sense .

But that was and is in short supply and has lead us to where we stand now.
I agree. Brexit was a huge protest vote because no one listened.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Lots of people here have denied that immigration was the reason they voted to leave.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Not according to the Independant

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7811651.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:13 AM

If you took immigration out of the equation I doubt that many would have bothered to go out and vote. The Government didn't get it under control before and they won't get it under control post-brexit. Even Nigel has said that he believes in a net increase in migration. The way our systems work we will never get on top of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:14 AM

"Lots of people here" I would interpret as lots of people on this forum.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Lots of people here have denied that immigration was the reason they voted to leave.
Yes, and I was one of them.

Immigration was not high agenda on my list.
Sovereignty and being governed by another country such as Germany certainly were though. We knew what was going to happen, we saw it happening and we could see into the future. A future that I didn't like the look of for my grandchildren .
It was another way for Germany to achieve what they set out to do about 100 yrs ago.

I think the immigration point has been done to death now. It's particularly tiring to constantly have to make people understand, but for some reason, the remainers continue to poke at it. Maybe immigration is their problem and not the Brexiteers due to the fact that they won't have cheap labour any longer.
They can't shout about restrictions on pay and at the same time wave the flag for immigration. The two link all the way down to the bottom .

It's also about time that certain ones refrained from assuming why people voted the way they did, because I for one take offence at the overall view of those who didn't get their own voice heard simply because they thought 'remain 'was in the bag . Just shows how wrong things can be, including this immigration theory.

Particularly when Liverpool that has a high immigration population and always has done, voted to 'remain'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2017, 09:31 AM

I don't think that Germany still harbours reactionary ambitions from a hundred years ago
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think that Germany still harbours reactionary ambitions from a hundred years ago
I think that's lack of wisdom. The whole process has been manipulated as to what gives Germany the best outcome, in every economic strategy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Surely every country must look out for what is best for its own citizens ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top