Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Let your MP know what you think

Hello, This is the thread where I will post a template of a letter to send to your MP. You will need to copy and paste it on to your own computer and type, under the headings, your opinions and questions.

Where there are instructions, in a different font, just delete those and replace with the info required.
If you have any questions you can post them on this thread or send me a PM.

When you type your opinions and questions I would suggest you keep them brief and simple and I hope we can share our replies on this thread.

Here is the template, and don't forget to add your own name and address for the reply:-

Type name and address of your MP

Dear Name of you MP

I belong to an internet discussion group where we frequently discuss political matters and share our opinions. There have been some recent discussions where we are not aware of how our government is going to deal with some serious issues, so we decided the best way to find out was to write to our MP’s and ask!
I am sure you will understand why these matters are a concern to us, so we are writing to advise you of our concerns, ask a few questions and, based on the replies you will send to us, hope to be able satisfy those concerns.
Your answers to our questions will obviously offer assistance on our future voting, so I and the other members of my group will appreciate knowing how the government, or it’s opponent, will deal with these matters.
The comments and questions are listed under the headings and I thank you, in anticipation of your reply.

Yours sincerely

Your signature,

Immigration

Terrorism

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Re: Let your MP know what you think

I am happy to post a copy of my opinions and questions, when I have written them,, if anybody would like to see them!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:26 PM

Thanks Twink, I fully intend to follow this through.
Well done again!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thanks Twink, I fully intend to follow this through.
Well done again!
If we get some answers it will be great and I would be happy to do it again for other topics of major concern.
Having a form to fill in is much easier than having to write your own letter and it gives us chance to let our MPs know what we think.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:33 PM

Thanks Twink
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thanks Twink
Lets just hope it has some effect!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-08-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks Twinky.

Please don't think I'm being funny, or trying to be 'clever', but I have made a couple of minor alterations before I compose mine (errant apostrophes mainly). I hope you don't mind.

I do thank you for putting this together, which I must say is better and more concise than I could have done (I tend to be too verbose).
It is your letter JBR so you can do whatever you want! The reason I suggested this, was because it was easier than having to each write our own letter, which most people wouldn't bother to do.
I have completed mine, but forgot that my printer has stopped working, so I will have to find somebody to print it for me or ask the library if I can print it there!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:47 PM

Sorry, Twinky. I was worried that you might take it the wrong way.
Just trying to help.
My last message deleted.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:50 PM

Are we to post out questions on here ?
So that people can add them to theirs if they wish ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Do you mean questions to me or your MP?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top