Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:13 PM

Re: Let your MP know what you think

OK, that's one. That's good enough for me, so I'll post mine tomorrow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
OK, that's one. That's good enough for me, so I'll post mine tomorrow.
Actually, I emailed mine and have already received the reply below. I have removed the names for the moment because I have asked if he has any objections to posting.

Dear Mr ?????????

??????? has asked me to thank you for your email and to let you know that he has made representations to the Home Secretary. As soon as he is in receipt of her response he will be in touch.

Yours sincerely

????????
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Actually, I emailed mine and have already received the reply below. I have removed the names for the moment because I have asked if he has any objections to posting.

Dear Mr ?????????

??????? has asked me to thank you for your email and to let you know that he has made representations to the Home Secretary. As soon as he is in receipt of her response he will be in touch.

Yours sincerely

????????
I shouldn't be at all surprised if I receive something similar. You then, and probably I, will have to await the response when the Home Secretary has made his decision.

If all of these were to be submitted to the Home Secretary that might not be a bad thing, as our collective questions might be seen together by someone in a senior position.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I shouldn't be at all surprised if I receive something similar. You then, and probably I, will have to await the response when the Home Secretary has made his decision.

If all of these were to be submitted to the Home Secretary that might not be a bad thing, as our collective questions might be seen together by someone in a senior position.
Hopefully. At least, for now, he has acknowledged me. We will see.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Hi folks, I must apologize because my printer isn't working and getting a PC at the library is proving difficult.... but I will try again on Monday.

I spoke to my MP's secretary who assures me that a letter is more likely to get a detailed reply, than an e mail. Apparently they get hundreds of e mails each day!

I will keep trying!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:18 AM

Hi

Twinks, first of all thank you.

I have written and emailed my MP.

He is the most arrogant git imaginable.

According to the Electorate Society he is in the safest seat in the UK.

He is incredibly wealthy, his main aims are Badger Culling and the return of Fox Hunting.

He believes in the abolition of Inheritance Tax and the National Minimum Wage.

Market Forces must rule.

He also believes in the abolition of the State Pension as it is up to the Individual to make their own Pension Provisions.

Needless to say, we do not get on.

He is an Ex Cabinet Minister, sacked because of his Extreme Right Wing Views.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Twinks, first of all thank you.

I have written and emailed my MP.

He is the most arrogant git imaginable.

According to the Electorate Society he is in the safest seat in the UK.

He is incredibly wealthy, his main aims are Badger Culling and the return of Fox Hunting.

He believes in the abolition of Inheritance Tax and the National Minimum Wage.

Market Forces must rule.

He also believes in the abolition of the State Pension as it is up to the Individual to make their own Pension Provisions.

Needless to say, we do not get on.

He is an Ex Cabinet Minister, sacked because of his Extreme Right Wing Views.

On the state pensions issue, things could get very complicated. I have no problem with people making their own pension arrangements providing everybody, who earned an income, was forced to put money into one. All those who have been unable to work would remain on benefits..... but there would be problems!
All pension pots would have to be controlled by fixed laws , to prevent anybody being able to use them for other purposes. Companies providing personal pensions would have to be strictly governed and current tax benefits would have to remain!
At the moment all political parties seem to be unable to work out who is illegally claiming benefits or who is in this country that shouldn't be. They cannot expect the public to make their own arrangements for pensions, until they can work out who is genuinely entitled to get benefits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Mine has been posted today.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

30-09-2017, 08:53 AM

Sorry folks, i have been unable to send mine as i have no printer and couldn't get into my account at the library.
My wrist is now creating further problems but i will try as soon as i am able to send it via e mail.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-10-2017, 01:58 PM

Well it looks like I'm the only one here so far to have received a written response from my local MP, and quite a positive one too!

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top