Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 03:59 PM

Re: The EU will come running if we just leave.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
God the Four Brexetiers of the Apocolypse are in full doom and gloom mode.
Hi

I voted to leave Nom, I just did not believe that our Politicians would be so stupid as to get us into the position where we find ourselves.

It could have been so different with a bit of Planning.

I can cope, I can afford a 20% reduction in State Pension and a 20% rise in Tax.

Many cannot, I worry about them.

It is the poor who will get the hardest in this.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:14 PM

I' m getting poorer anyway, even if they give us WASPI women our pensions I just found out pensioners are going to get charged Bedroom Tax!
I'm looking for a post- Brexit job scrubbing floors, as long as I don't have to bend down, use my hands or arms and get frequent naps!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
God the Four Brexetiers of the Apocolypse are in full doom and gloom mode.
I thought it was Remoaners that were doom and gloom, are the Brexiteers joining in now?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 05:22 PM

Probaby because the future looks bleak and we have a government that simply doesn't know what to do.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Not my fault, phew!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:08 PM

You're obviously very well off then Swim, I'm not ,but I'm certainly not worrying about me .

However , my daughter is a Remainer , avid left winger earning a massive salary, and complains because her pay has been capped to whatever percentage it is. That shows me that it's everyone out for themselves in the Remain camp .

Maybe pay increases should not be raised by percentages. That might eventually level things out more , for the 'poor' .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
That shows me that it's everyone out for themselves in the Remain camp .
I'd say the opposite is true. It seems every person who voted leave had their own personal (quite often emotionally-charged) reasons.

Most who voted remain did so to preserve our economy and way of life. A strong economy is the best way to ensure prosperity is shared. The rest is down to government policy.

Economic anarchy will hit the poor the hardest. It will be a good excuse for more austerity cuts to welfare etc. People here say "I can handle it" but why should anyone have to? The economy was strong, it was just government policy that was rubbish. That's what you get when you vote tory.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Maybe pay increases should not be raised by percentages. That might eventually level things out more , for the 'poor' .
Not sure I understand. Pay is usually increased at least in line with inflation. That way you don't get a pay cut. Do you mean the poor should get a higher percentage pay rise? The tax system tries to address that by not charging tax on the first £11.5k . I remember a time it was half that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:29 PM

AnnieS posts: "Most who voted remain did so to preserve our economy and way of life."

Or is it because they are scared of change?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
AnnieS posts: "Most who voted remain did so to preserve our economy and way of life."

Or is it because they are scared of change?
Why would anyone want a change for the worse? Economically that is the inevitable direction in such a split.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-08-2017, 09:47 AM

If those who voted leave are so happy with it all, why are they writing to their MP's?
It seems that some of the things they expected aren't happening. That's Tory government for you.
They " listened to the people" then stopped listening to them, pretty miffing stuff!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top