I didn't vote but would have voted leave 0 0%
I didn't vote but would have voted remain 2 4.76%
Undecided 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:57 PM

Re: Would you vote differently now?

Clumsy posts: "There were many reasons we would have voted remain, one being that most of our adult lives have been spent within the EU"

The fact that we have spent most of our adult lives in the EU was the main reason I voted to come out. Over the last forty years or so the EU has developed from what was a simple trading agreement between the different countries of Europe into a vast corrupt kleptocracy developed for the benefit of the few who put themselves in charge and who created a united states of Europe with each country being relegated to member states. The whole edifice stinks and the sooner it collapses the better.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I would still vote the same way. I don't think people were conned, I think people were quite able to make up their own minds, on numerous issues.

Had the vote led to Remain, would it be said that those voters had been conned, as the media were definitely pro-Europe all through the debates on leaving, and it certainly gave them all a mighty shock ? The media did their level best to influence us into staying within the EU.

If anything influenced the Brexit vote, it was outside interference, from Obama, Merkel, Junker and numerous others that planted the fear factor. However, I did not hear anything about the positives for us staying in the EU, and to be truthful still nobody has given us any. Only negatives of what will happen now.,
Well I'm positive and it's a shame that so many would like to see our country descend into the doldrums just to prove a point and rub their hands together whilst making judgement on everyone else's ability to vote for what they believe in, or as Shropshiregirl says all the things we didn't want dictated to us.. (good post Shropshiregirl. Hit the nail on the head , although immigration was not on my agenda)
Agree totally.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Well based on this forum result so far remain would win if a referendum were run now. Because a 7% move from leave plus new voters would make it conclusively a different result.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well based on this forum result so far remain would win if a referendum were run now. Because a 7% move from leave plus new voters would make it conclusively a different result.
Not according to the reports I have read, which say that the opposite is the case.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Yes, I would, I listened to my Gut, not the Media, that gives no indication as to the way I voted
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:37 PM

I agree with most of what Shropshiregirl has said.

I decided to vote for Brexit back in David Camerons first term of office 2010 to 2015. I just had to wait for Cameron to actually give us a referendum which he had promised in his first term and we never got.

My views of the EU ‘Unelected Bureaucrats’ have not changed, in fact they are stronger than ever, the EU Bureaucrats are now showing their true colours. It is just another bigger than ever ‘Gravy Train’ seemingly controlled by Merkle for the benefit of Germany.

They have raped this country and decimated our manufacturing industries, farming, fishing, steel, coal to name a few. The French, Dutch and German companies control most of our Utilities and Transport and could pull the plug at any time.

I also blame our Governments (regardless of which party) going back to Heath who original took us into it without consulting the People of this Country. We have been continually lied to by every government. Similarly to Switzerland, I think we should have more referendums/consultations on major decisions in this country, as stated by the Magna Carta.

The erosion of this country is rife in every respect; immigration is just one factor, overload of NHS, Doctors, Schools, Housing, and people living in Garages, some Areas are becoming Ghettos. We have always had immigration but it was controlled properly. Now it is totally out of hand as the government well knows but dare not admit.

I strongly object to 2ndand 3rd generations from various African and other World countries being able to walk into this country with EU dual nationality passports under EU Freedom of Movement rules, e.g. Mozambique/Portuguese, Gambian/Spanish etc. Are we expected to take in the whole world?

I believe in Democracy and Freedom of Speech, so No I would not vote differently, I will always vote OUT.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Clumsy posts: "There were many reasons we would have voted remain, one being that most of our adult lives have been spent within the EU"

The fact that we have spent most of our adult lives in the EU was the main reason I voted to come out. Over the last forty years or so the EU has developed from what was a simple trading agreement between the different countries of Europe into a vast corrupt kleptocracy developed for the benefit of the few who put themselves in charge and who created a united states of Europe with each country being relegated to member states. The whole edifice stinks and the sooner it collapses the better.
Definitely Agree
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 04:57 AM

Of course I worry we have made the right decision to leave especially with all the negative reporting. It's natural to worry and I constantly wonder if we made the right decision, let's face it to stay in would have been the easy option.

We made the decision to leave and I stand by that, it's easy with hindsight to say we should have done this or that but we made the decision to leave so let's just get on with it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:20 AM

Hi

What is done is done, we do not have Time Travel, so it cannot be undone.

There are some huge misconceptions in some of the posts on here.

Immigration.

We have more Non EU Immigration than EU Immigration, our choice, naff all to do with the EU.

Leaving the EU will have absolutely no effect on this at all.

We could have controlled it at any time, we can control it now, we are not doing so.

We are an Island, we are not part of Schengen , we have large numbers of Illegal Immigrants living here, the vast majority of which arrive at Dover, ferries and the Tunnel.

It is a total disgrace that we have not stopped this happening, we are still not stopping this happening and we have nothing in place to stop this happening when we leave the EU.

Many years ago, we were in the EU, I was working on the East Coast Ports for a while and we opened and checked every HGV arriving, now we only inspect a percentage, sheer madness.

Now, EU Immigration

Free Movement applies to all EU Countries, we have very high EU Immigration, other Countries in the EU do not.

We are not part of Schengen, we can check each and everyone of the EU Citizens arriving here and refuse them access on the grounds of Public Safety.

Criminals and those with links to Terrorism we can legally refuse entry to.

We choose not to and again this has naff all to do with the EU, it is entirely our decision.

If you mistakenly think that we are going to start doing this after we leave in 2019 think again.

We have no plans in place to do so, in fact we have announced two things.

Visa free travel for all EU Citizens under the age of 30 to come here and work for two years, no checks, no need to register addresses etc.

We have also announced we are keeping the Common Travel Area with Ireland, no checks at all.

This is a nonsense, any EU Citizen can travel to Ireland and then just catch a Ferry here, no problems.

Ireland is an EU Country, if we are to reduce EU Immigration, it needs to be treated as such.

No more free movement, full controls and Work Permits for any Irish wanting to come here.

There are more Irish than Polish working here.

Ireland, along with France, are the ones demanding the harshest treatment of the UK in the leaving negotiations.

EU Immigration is easily controlled by changes to our Benefits System, we should simply change it, you do not get out more than you have paid in, this is not Rocket Science.

My irritation is this, we have jumped the gun and triggered Article 50 long before we where ready to.

I voted Leave, what I did not expect is the shambles we now find ourselves in.

The current round of EU expenditure ends in 2020, we are committed to that, there is no escape.

It would have made sense to leave on this date and use the time to get ready and put ourselves in a much better negotiating position.

There is still time, with massive investment to put ourselves in a much better position.

It will still hurt a lot more than it should have done, but we can still minimise the damage..

Unfortunately our Politicians are still fighting amongst themselves instead of getting on with the job.

It is already costing us £18 Billion a year more in Interest Payments.

The fall in the £ means that our Brexit Bill has shot up by £Billions, it is payable in Euros.

We need to get on with it, but still no signs of that yet.

Financially we are already £40 Billion a year down and we have not even left yet.

Austerity is saving £20 Billion a year, so we are in for twice as much already.

You can forget raising Corporation Tax, Ireland has much lower Corporation Tax and Companies will just move their Headquarters there.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:33 AM

I voted to leave and would do exactly the same again.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top