I didn't vote but would have voted leave 0 0%
I didn't vote but would have voted remain 2 4.76%
Undecided 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Re: Would you vote differently now?

Been in favour of leaving for decades, so would never change my mind even more so since all the fear tactics being used by the remaniacs
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:51 AM

I agree that we are in a bit of a mess at the moment but that's due to the remainers not accepting a democratic vote (this thread is a good example). I could not have predicted the stupidity of Corbyn et al but if I had to vote again, I would be even more determined to leave.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:20 AM

I really don't see how the remainers have got us into the mess we're in!
The Government had no plan, if you knew before the referendum that there was no plan would you still have voted for it?
That's what I'm interested in finding out.
I don't see how asking that question means I haven't accepted Brexit, I have to.

Is this what you expected?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Immigration.

We have more Non EU Immigration than EU Immigration, our choice, naff all to do with the EU.

Leaving the EU will have absolutely no effect on this at all.

We could have controlled it at any time, we can control it now, we are not doing so.

Now, EU Immigration

Free Movement applies to all EU Countries, we have very high EU Immigration, other Countries in the EU do not.

We are not part of Schengen, we can check each and everyone of the EU Citizens arriving here and refuse them access on the grounds of Public Safety.

Criminals and those with links to Terrorism we can legally refuse entry to.

We choose not to and again this has naff all to do with the EU, it is entirely our decision.

Ireland, along with France, are the ones demanding the harshest treatment of the UK in the leaving negotiations.

EU Immigration is easily controlled by changes to our Benefits System, we should simply change it, you do not get out more than you have paid in, this is not Rocket Science.
I agree.

The problems we face are of our own making. The government could solve the immigration problem, both EU and non-EU.

1. Put in place efficient border checks.

2. Remove ALL benefits for immigrants.

So why doesn't the government do these two things?

I believe it is because either they personally benefit from such immigration - cheap labour for their mates in business, or because they are incompetent.

The other problem, in my opinion, is that many of our MPs, including those conducting the Brexit negotiations, are remainiacs and do not want us to leave the EU. This is disgusting. Whatever they would like, we made a democratic decision and they are obliged to deliver that to us. If they don't, we cease to be a democracy.

The biggest concern to me is that these consequences: continued immigration; concessions and payments to the EU that we are not obliged to pay, will be seen as being the fault of Brexit.

They are not. They are the fault of our politicians.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I really don't see how the remainers have got us into the mess we're in!
The remainiacs are doing all they possibly can to delay or overturn Brexit.

As I mentioned above, many of our MPs are remainiacs and they are contributing to the mess we're in.

If the British could somehow overcome this natural will to pull in opposite directions and, instead, pull together I'm sure we would flourish.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:43 AM

I really do find the term "remaniac" on this forum offensive. It's used in a derogatory and hateful way. Nobody will pull together when people continue to use the language of separation.

Always easy to blame the other side when your team is on a losing streak. It's the leave lobby who had no plan. Push for something and let someone else sort the mess. The markets are neutral, they look for certainty and stability. They need signals that the government know what they are doing. That's sorely lacking.

Of course the government won't be united on this. They are never united on the majority of issues, because we don't have a totalitarian regime. People put their arguments across to make decisions and that's our system. People vote for their MPs knowing full well what they represent.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:47 AM

I agree JBR that we should all pull together now, the main thing we need to do is get the Government to do the things promised and get all parties involved.
A proper Brexit cross party working party is what's needed.
Also I think those who made promises that can't be kept should be held accountable.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:48 AM

I would absolutely still vote leave.
All I want now is for the Torys to get on proper with the ruddy thing, and stop giving in to EU threats about this that or the other.
Remember you lot.
Brexit means Brexit!

PS.
Good thread TessA.
Good thread.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Thank you Infamy!
Glad you didn't say I was a remoaner moaning!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:03 AM

I have voted in this poll, but I will not get drawn into yet another useless argument about Brexit! The vote was to leave, and that is what we are going to do, no matter how many people didn't want to ...... because the majority who voted wanted to leave. We live in a democratic country!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top