Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Re: Rees-Mogg savages Corbyn’s Brexit plan

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
He'd be a darn sight better than the Islington pretender, who was brought up in a 7-bedroom manor house here in Shropshire, attended grammar school (as did most of his team) yet voted against them.

He is a joke!
He may have started in those surroundings but he's spent his life talking to people of all walks of life I don't see that as making him out of touch unlike a certain chap who has no idea about things most of us think of as normal life.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He may have started in those surroundings but he's spent his life talking to people of all walks of life I don't see that as making him out of touch unlike a certain chap who has no idea about things most of us think of as normal life.
I certainly know which one I would welcome to my local pub and which one I would throw in the river.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I certainly know which one I would welcome to my local pub and which one I would throw in the river.
Lol I'm not advocating chucking people in the river but I understand your point
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's not his plummy voice I object to I find that quite sexy, it's his position in society and lack of awareness that we aren't all able to aim for the sky.
Jealous?

In the past there have been many men 'of position in society' who used their time (and money) to improve the lot of the poor.

He is well off due to his hard work and enterprise.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Jealous?

In the past there have been many men 'of position in society' who used their time (and money) to improve the lot of the poor.

Bullsh*t!!! - he inherited his wealth and privilege.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bullsh*t!!! - he inherited his wealth and privilege.
Like Comrade Corbyn, you mean?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-09-2017, 08:33 AM

Jealous?

No not at all I hope he enjoys his life and money I just don't want him telling others how to live theirs. And yes many rich people are great I always loved people who can see that they are privileged and not let that stand in the way of becoming a person who wants to help others. It's the priveleged who think no one needs help they just need a good shake and have as much chances as they have and have just wasted them or think they deserve the privelege but others don't that I can't stand.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Like Comrade Corbyn, you mean?

Ap[art from his salary as an MP does Jeremy have any wealth???
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-09-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ap[art from his salary as an MP does Jeremy have any wealth???
I have heard that he inherited some.

Let's compare their work life, prior to becoming MPs.

Rees-Mogg:
Worked in finance, definitely remunerative.

Corbyn:
Trade union leader, remunerative? Scargill found it so, anyway!

Complete opposites, although it seems that both have become quite rich and both have big houses in 'posh' areas, so perhaps not that different.

So Corbyn has become rich either from his work in trade unionism or he inherited it, or both!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:53 AM

I read recently that Rees-Mogg is worth £150m. A different league to Corbyn I would imagine.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top