Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 01:37 PM

Davis says he now has health-care agreement post Brexit

Good news for many ex pats, and no doubt for UK too, it means the ex pats won't all be rushing back to put more strain on the NHS.

www.theleader.info
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:42 PM

Re: Davis says he now has health-care agreement post Brexit

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Good news for many ex pats, and no doubt for UK too, it means the ex pats won't all be rushing back to put more strain on the NHS.

www.theleader.info

Yeah right, and of course you believe every word he utters.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yeah right, and of course you believe every word he utters.
Well I can't call people liars until they prove they are can I ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Hi

The agreement only covers Pensioners already in the EU and even then it is subject to ratification.

I am really pleased for you Clumsy.

What is not yet agreed is the reciprocal tax agreements.

Your UK Pension may be subject to local taxation, which would be bad for many.

Us Government Ex Employees are not affected by this, Government Service Pensions, including Top Ups, will continue to be taxed in the UK.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Well I can't call people liars until they prove they are can I ?

He's a cabinet minister in the scumbag 'nasty party's' government - doesn't that speak volumes???
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

04-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The agreement only covers Pensioners already in the EU and even then it is subject to ratification.

I am really pleased for you Clumsy.

What is not yet agreed is the reciprocal tax agreements.

Your UK Pension may be subject to local taxation, which would be bad for many.

Us Government Ex Employees are not affected by this, Government Service Pensions, including Top Ups, will continue to be taxed in the UK.
We have been registered for tax in Spain since we first came here, we leave all that to our accountant here. All monies and properties in other countries must be declared. The people they are really clamping down hard on these days are the people who rent out their holiday homes and apartments, but who have never registered for tax payable on rental properties.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

04-09-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
He's a cabinet minister in the scumbag 'nasty party's' government - doesn't that speak volumes???
Quite frankly UJ I wouldn't trust a politician from any party. They may all start out with good intentions, until they realise how easy it is to feather their own nests, then all their good intentions fall very quickly by the wayside.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:20 PM

We have been registered for tax in Spain since we first came here, we leave all that to our accountant here. All monies and properties in other countries must be declared. The people they are really clamping down hard on these days are the people who rent out their holiday homes and apartments, but who have never registered for tax payable on rental properties.
Hi

Yes I understand that Clumsy.

The issue is that currently your UK State Pensions are taxed here and no Tax is payable on them in the EU.

This may well change.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 04:48 PM

So that means pensioners who are eu nationals residing in the uk will also have free healthcare?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Hi

Yes, in particular the Irish.

We do not charge for Healthcare, the EU does, our loss, their gain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top