Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:38 PM

Re: Davis says he now has health-care agreement post Brexit

Sounds reasonable and shows things are going on despite reports to the contrary.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:54 PM

We do claw back healthcare costs via reciprocal agreements. Just not very efficiently.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:07 PM

I dont trust Davis, with his smarmy smile, he appears to find everything amusing, but I hate to think what is behind that facade.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We do claw back healthcare costs via reciprocal agreements. Just not very efficiently.
Hi

We are currently losing out to the tune of around £ 2.6 Billion a year.

Money our NHS needs.

I have been charged every time for my treatment in the EU.

Not a single one of my Polish friends have been charged here in the UK.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Regardless of who is lying or not.
I think if people go abroad for a few weeks or a couple of months year on holiday then ok the NHS could foot the bill for any treatment they need but if they are intending to live full time in another country maybe its about time they paid the local healthcare costs..
After all they are using the facilities and putting the strain on local doctors hospitals etc ..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I think if people go abroad for a few weeks or a couple of months year on holiday then ok the NHS could foot the bill for any treatment they need but if they are intending to live full time in another country maybe its about time they paid the local healthcare costs..
After all they are using the facilities and putting the strain on local doctors hospitals etc ..
Hi

A very sensible post Cass.

I really do not get this Anti EU sentiment at all .

I have always been treated with the utmost respect in The Netherlands.

Genuinely lovely people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:46 PM

I don't think anyone doubts the people of most countries are lovely it's the political institution that has caused the dislike. So much for bringing us all together as one the French want to be French the English English the Germans German we all want to be who we are not one homogenised European.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:42 PM

We just don't have the systems here. For a start we'd need ID cards at the very least so you can differentiate between tourists and those who have paid sufficient NIC. You need the NHS to be working together with the Home office. Can you see that happening?

We are going to have to head down the route of ID cards anyway to keep track of who should and shouldn't be here. But I haven't seen this debate being re-tabled in Parliament.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
You seem to forget that the greater majority of retired people who live abroad within the EU have no doubt paid for their national health throughout their working life in the UK, and surely they should be entitled to what they have paid for.

As I understand it each European country has it's own rules re health care. UK and Spain have a reciprocal agreement. It isn't the fault of other countries if the UK wants to treat everyone for free, no matter where they come from.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

As I understand it each European country has it's own rules re health care. UK and Spain have a reciprocal agreement. It isn't the fault of other countries if the UK wants to treat everyone for free, no matter where they come from.
Exactly and we can make up our own rules too. We just haven't been very good at making rules that suit us financially. People blame EU citizens, but in what way are they to blame? It's our system.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top