Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Re: Boris makes his move.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We were exempt from all the stuff we don't like - schengen, Euro, further integration. . . .

There's no way we would have been in any superstate or army.
I think this is totally wrong and naïve thinking in all honesty.

The truth is that the UK signed up to and gave Royal Assent to far reaching EU Treaties. Most of the population has no idea of them or what they contain.

There are mandates in the treaties which state in no uncertain terms that we DO have to take the Euro and that we DO have to give up our army to the larger EU army.

People can read the facts at their leisure here:

http://www.eutruth.org.uk/lisbontreaty7.html

Seven deadly Lisbon Treaty clauses

The EU can force the Euro on us:

Page 12, Article 2- 4. “The Union shall establish an economic and monetary union whose currency is the euro.”

"Our politicians pretend this means nothing. If our EU rulers were to impose the Euro on us under this clause, our British government, could in theory appeal. Except for decades our puppet government has implemented EU treaties, laws, and regulations, not the wishes of the people. So it is unlikely it would appeal. Under this clause, an EU judge would have no choice but to impose the Euro on us."

The EU is a Military Union:

Page 39 10A-c-3 "Member States shall make civilian and military capabilities available to the Union for the implementation of the common security and defence policy,”

“Member States shall undertake progressively to improve their military capabilities.”

"Three unelected EU politburos will control the nuclear weapons of the former nations of Britain and France. The Treaty of Elysee 1963 gives Germany effective voting control of the EU. Nuclear weapons controlled by German dictators? What is that a recipe for?"

------------------------

I submit to you Annie that whilst, thus far the UK has been effectively given "special treatment" and allowed to keep the Pound and other dispensations . . . . this was never going to be permanently the case.

The legal contract between the UK and EU (the Lisbon Treaty and others) lays down the truth, that we DO have to take the Euro and DO have to give up our military forces.

There is no question about those facts.

The cushion of time we currently have in putting off those things is there only because it suits the EU because the UK is an important member state. Eventually, when all other member states were irrevocably under their totalitarian control, we would have to then play ball.

This is why it has been so very important to get out now and get out quickly whilst we can. If we had lingered, we would effectively never have been able to exit, in fact we would probably have not even been permitted to have a referendum.

Check out the plight of Catalonia in Spain. It's people want independence. They want a referendum for that. But they haven't been permitted to do so.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...European-Union

We must not underestimate how deeply the EU stooges have been planted into key roles in our society. They will use their power and influence to obstruct BrExit any way they can and show the rest of the world who is boss.

They can not afford to let us leave the EU. It undermines who and what they are completely. That is why BrExit in reality, will not go ahead. It should be patently obvious to anyone who is "awake".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 03:10 PM

No Realist, we have officially opted out of the legislation and we would do so again. Once a state has opted out the ball is in their court as to whether they want to opt back in. We are not legally obliged to join the Euro. As well as this, states which did not opt out but are not yet in the euro although obliged to join at some point, decide when they join and can delay indefinitely by saying the conditions are not satisfactory or by refusing to join the ERM.

I was strongly against the hasty adoption of the eurozone by countries that barely satisfied the economic conditions and I was very happy we didn't join at the time.

We did not sign schengen.

The Lisbon treaty does not remove the veto on foreign policy and defence. We were opted out on justice & home affairs. With the option to opt in or out as we please.

If anything the public should have been allowed to decide our agreement or not to Maastricht and the lisbon treaties via a referendum.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 04:01 PM

No Realist, we have officially opted out of the legislation and we would do so again. Once a state has opted out the ball is in their court as to whether they want to opt back in. We are not legally obliged to join the Euro. As well as this, states which did not opt out but are not yet in the euro although obliged to join at some point, decide when they join and can delay indefinitely by saying the conditions are not satisfactory or by refusing to join the ERM.

I was strongly against the hasty adoption of the eurozone by countries that barely satisfied the economic conditions and I was very happy we didn't join at the time.

We did not sign schengen.

The Lisbon treaty does not remove the veto on foreign policy and defence. We were opted out on justice & home affairs. With the option to opt in or out as we please.

If anything the public should have been allowed to decide our agreement or not to Maastricht and the lisbon treaties via a referendum.
i think you are wasting your time talking to the dinosaurs.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 07:32 PM

No Realist, we have officially opted out of the legislation and we would do so again.
You can not say that unfortunately. It depends entirely on the government in power.

The Looney Labour government headed by Arch EU stooge Tony Blair argued that the UK should join the euro, contingent on approval in a referendum, if five economic tests were met. However, the assessment of those tests in June 2003 concluded that not all were met.

Had those tests passed, we might well have adopted the Euro.

While ever we remain in the EU, there perpetually remains the dark cloud threat that some Looney government might take us into the Euro.

The Euro situation has resulted in catastrophe for many EU member states.

What must be remembered here is that our corrupt EU stooge politicians in both Labour and Conservatives have repeatedly pushed EU Treaties through without consultation of the electorate and without giving them a referendum.

It should be obvious that eventually some EU stooge government WOULD take us into the Euro.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You can not say that unfortunately. It depends entirely on the government in power.

Realist I believe you said that the legislation would force us to join eventually. I agree that successive governments are capable of all sorts of lunacy, but as I keep saying, that's entirely our affair as are most of the other inadequacies people complain about. I admit I haven't read the entire document but can't see anything in the Lisbon treaty that changes our opt out from this and other areas.

We had our cake and were eating it and should have made more demands. Some rich people wanted to become richer so they made out a fairy tale that the situation was otherwise and here we are now, still listening to tales of a mythological 350m.

The Euro was an experiment launched on 1.1.99 and I am glad we didn't become a lab rat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 08:51 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ership-cartoon
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 09:40 AM

I think Boris spoke for many of us who are fed up with the carping naysayers, many of whom post on here, who constantly run down this country including government ministers and industrialist. People who are secretly hoping that we will fail and doing their best to bring it about.
Predictably much of it in the Left wing press

His article was spot on and in many way is the sort of talk that Mrs May and the government should be putting out to counter the negativity from Europe and other quarters, somebody needs to do it. If not him, who? The PM certainly isn't.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I think Boris spoke for many of us who are fed up with the carping naysayers, many of whom post on here, who constantly run down this country including government ministers and industrialist. People who are secretly hoping that we will fail and doing their best to bring it about.
Predictably much of it in the Left wing press

His article was spot on and in many way is the sort of talk that Mrs May and the government should be putting out to counter the negativity from Europe and other quarters, somebody needs to do it. If not him, who? The PM certainly isn't.
I agree with Rainmaker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Hi

I do not agree.

I fully agree with leaving, but leaving before we have got the Customs and Immigration in place does not make sense to me.

I am annoyed that we issued Article 50 before we were ready and are now asking for a Transition Deal which is going to cost money.

I am convinced that if we had got our act in gear straight away, instead of pratting about, we could have left a year later, 31st March 2020, owing nothing and with everything in place.

My concerns are about the way our Politicians have handled this, I do not want to be paying the EU vast amounts for a Transition Deal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-09-2017, 10:27 AM

BJ never speaks for anything or anyone other than himself and his own personal agenda.

There is a term "Argumentum ad populum" - if millions of people agree with something it must be right...ie. mass delusion.

The fact that the office of statistics has officially denounced his claim means nothing to him as he is arguing back with the experts.When will people realise that this is not someone who cares for very important details.

He is going to create a catastrophe just when we don't need it by trying to destabilise the government. It's bizarre that those who don't want Jezza are cheering him on.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top