Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Re: Memory foam mattress

Thanks Mags I've been looking at many different sites and all the reviews, the only minus points was the smell, which seems to go eventually and the sheets not fitting, in one case the topper didn't fit the underlying mattress and it moved but the chap did say he was quite heavy but so are we I don't want to end up on the floor. I think I'm going to go for one though, it might help with the breathing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by val ->
Thanks Mags I've been looking at many different sites and all the reviews, the only minus points was the smell, which seems to go eventually and the sheets not fitting, in one case the topper didn't fit the underlying mattress and it moved but the chap did say he was quite heavy but so are we I don't want to end up on the floor. I think I'm going to go for one though, it might help with the breathing.
I recall that new foamy smell at the beginning, I thought "Oh no!" but it didn't take all that long to disappear.

My topper has never slipped, in fact the foam appeared to 'grip' onto the mattress.

My advice would be to go for the thickest one you can afford, I have heard that the thinner ones do not give the same comfort.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Thank you so much for the advice Mags.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 05:42 PM

Smell?? I never noticed a smell when I got my topper. It doesn't slide around, either.
val
Kent UK

12-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Jolly good, I've just ordered one, this internet spending is so tempting. I had a look at the density and thickness you need for the weight of yourselves so hopefully I've got the right one. They aren't cheap are they? Still its done now, I hope its worth it, I'm sure it will be.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Do let us know what you think after you've tried it. I just love mine.
val
Kent UK

13-03-2010, 07:13 AM

Yes I will, I might even splash out and get one for the kids beds but I'll try it first. I just know Frank will moan if he knows its there so I'm just going to put it on the bed without telling him. He hates change and anything new.
val
Kent UK

31-03-2010, 04:42 PM

Well I'm still waiting for it to arrive, I sent them an email, its being sent off today hopefully. I've ordered a couple more for the kids beds, well they're kids to me, this time from ebay, cheaper and I hope arrive quicker.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

31-03-2010, 04:55 PM

I hope it comes soon, Val!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2010, 12:12 PM

I evicted my memory foam pillow as the smell was revolting! Mine was too hard and made my ears burn horrible thing!

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top