Join for free
Page 39 of 255 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Well done Artangel.

Looking at your daily plan, it sounds more food then I normally have.

Today is:

Porridge.
Pear.
Fry-up, 1 Egg, 2 Bacon, a few bake beans, mushrooms.
Soup, 1 slice bread.
Apple.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:18 PM

My friend gave me this link today, it might be helpful, but when reading it through it says Diabetics to avoid this diet.

The 8 week blood sugar diet
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

03-06-2016, 12:19 PM

Sorry, the link did not work for me, but you can still just type it in on your browser.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Well done Artangel.

Looking at your daily plan, it sounds more food then I normally have.

Today is:

Porridge.
Pear.
Fry-up, 1 Egg, 2 Bacon, a few bake beans, mushrooms.
Soup, 1 slice bread.
Apple.
How much weight have you lost now? susie. Are you drinking 2 litres of water a day?
The instructor mentioned 'overnight' porridge with yoghurt but l don't like yoghurt. I'm still not sure what she meant by 'overnight'?
I bet Realist knows!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

03-06-2016, 02:35 PM

I don't think I've lost anything Artangel, I never do.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 06:55 PM

I don't think I've lost anything Artangel, I never do.
susie , You've not lost weight, even after the small amount that you eat? At Slimming World and with the instructor, we are told to eat often and never be hungry.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am torn between two diet plans at the moment. Last week l followed the Slimming World diet, this week after an appointment with the Fitter Future instructor, she has put me on another diet plan where l am eating five times a day, at short intervals.
The FF plan sounds good Artangel. I'm a fan of more smaller meals than the 3 traditional meals per day.

Actually I would recommend only eating when your body tells you it wants food. Since giving up the 9-5 office trap and being free, I found that I would want breakfast as soon as I got up, say 9-10am, then something else around 11.30 then I would get hungry again around 3pm and then I would have an evening meal around 6-7pm. I might even occasionally eat something later around 9-10pm if I felt hungry. That would usually be some toast or a bowl of cereal.

I should note that I am in no way dieting. I am simply eating differently to the regimented days when I worked in an office. I eat only when I want to eat. Drink only when I feel I want a drink. I never drink litres of water a day. Mostly I drink tea, which is probably not good.

However within 6 months of leaving work I lost over a stone just from that change. Now my weight is stable no matter what I eat.

BTW the "overnight porridge" refers to soaking oats overnight (usually in milk) to create the best tasting porridge. You need the right oats to do this, not the instant stuff nor steel cut, but good rolled oats. This is a good article on the topic:

http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitch...overnight-oats

It will be interesting to see how you get on with your FF plan.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

04-06-2016, 02:32 PM

I may have lost just a couple of pounds, only I am normally 66kg but today I am 64kg.

Just had homemade Curry and Rice.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 02:36 PM

I eat when I'm hungry. And that's it. I don't eat on a 'schedule'. I also don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I went to bed last night with no dinner because, simple reason... I wasn't hungry enough to eat anything. I had eaten a handful of rice crackers earlier, so I was fine.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 03:28 PM

I may have lost just a couple of pounds, only I am normally 66kg but today I am 64kg.

Just had homemade Curry and Rice.
2 kilos is about 4 and a half pounds-so that is really good.You are doing so well.

I am still not feeling well--not feeling like eating much--just had crispbreads and cottage chese pinapple for breakfast--at 1.30 !!

Might have some scambled egg , tomato , slice whole meal bread about teatime---and as Im going to a quiz tonight, I will take a yoghurt with me.

Page 39 of 255 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top