Join for free
Page 87 of 255 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 07:10 AM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Hi Linda, not really, because when you look at the suppers, its loads of cooking, well I don't want to do lots of cooking because I did all that at lunchtime, the suppers seem to be as big as the dinners on the Internet.

Have you tried the Tin Crab? Is it any good, does it taste like crab?

I thought of plain fresh Ravoli and make my own sauce, what do you think?

Today for dinner its a fry-up of: 1 Egg, 2 Bacon, bakebeans, mushrooms.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Linda, not really, because when you look at the suppers, its loads of cooking, well I don't want to do lots of cooking because I did all that at lunchtime, the suppers seem to be as big as the dinners on the Internet.

Have you tried the Tin Crab? Is it any good, does it taste like crab?

I thought of plain fresh Ravoli and make my own sauce, what do you think?

Today for dinner its a fry-up of: 1 Egg, 2 Bacon, bakebeans, mushrooms.
That's true, meals on the internet are massive, just like everything else has been supersized. But I'd say look for snack ideas and light lunches. Those would be good searches. Here's a link that looks halfway decent...

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/22...ecipeId=248919

(that BLT salad looks yummy)

Tinned crab, no, I don't like it. It doesn't even taste like crabmeat to me. It's watery and it's bland. No, imitation crab isn't the same as real crab, but at least I like the taste of it and it's versatile. I shred it up and put it in soups, make a 'crab' salad out of it, homemade crab rangoon, put it on salads, use it in sushi, etc. Of course fresh crab, cracked right out of the shell, is best. But who can afford it? King crab legs around here can go for as much as $30 (£22.81) per pound and whole crab is even more. No can do on that.

The other tinned seafood I can't stand is prawns. Canned shrimp? Really? Whose bright idea was that?

I do like tinned oysters and clams, though. Fresh, of course, is better. But besides tuna and salmon, those are two seafoods I can stomach coming from a tin.

Fresh ravioli and homemade sauce? Excuse me while I drool!

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 05:45 PM

You like the idea of fresh ravioli then, they do ricotta cheese and spinach ones I have noticed.

Thanks for the link Linda.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 07:45 PM

Oh yeah, fresh ravioli is the best.

And you're welcome. I hope it helps. I don't mean to slam you with a bunch of stuff you may or may not have any interest in looking at. Just trying to help because I understand the frustration of finding things to fix that's easy, quick and healthy all at the same time. I also totally understand being bored with the same old thing day after day after day.

While I'm on the subject, here's something I'm fixing tonight for supper that you might find interesting. It's not exactly a throw-together-in-a-snap type of thing, but I imagine it's something you could put together ahead of time and then toss in the oven when it's time to eat.

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pe...6-0b6328a089f6

Lots of other nice chicken recipes on this site as well.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

18-08-2016, 08:33 PM

Thanks Linda, they all look very nice.
Linda0818
USA

18-08-2016, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Thanks Linda, they all look very nice.
You're welcome.

I'm going to try this one next. My boys (my son and his dad) would love these. Just printed it for near-future use.

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ch...a-d77c062a1506

We love chicken and eat more chicken than we do any other meat. So new chicken recipes are always a nice find.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
That's true, meals on the internet are massive, just like everything else has been supersized. But I'd say look for snack ideas and light lunches. Those would be good searches. Here's a link that looks halfway decent...

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/22...ecipeId=248919

(that BLT salad looks yummy)

Tinned crab, no, I don't like it. It doesn't even taste like crabmeat to me. It's watery and it's bland. No, imitation crab isn't the same as real crab, but at least I like the taste of it and it's versatile. I shred it up and put it in soups, make a 'crab' salad out of it, homemade crab rangoon, put it on salads, use it in sushi, etc. Of course fresh crab, cracked right out of the shell, is best. But who can afford it? King crab legs around here can go for as much as $30 (£22.81) per pound and whole crab is even more. No can do on that.

The other tinned seafood I can't stand is prawns. Canned shrimp? Really? Whose bright idea was that?

I do like tinned oysters and clams, though. Fresh, of course, is better. But besides tuna and salmon, those are two seafoods I can stomach coming from a tin.

Fresh ravioli and homemade sauce? Excuse me while I drool!

Is the imitation crab you mention like the crab sticks---which i buy quite often---they are so low in calories and only £1.00 for about 30 pieces--I often have one or two as a little snack sometimes...
Linda0818
USA

18-08-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Is the imitation crab you mention like the crab sticks---which i buy quite often---they are so low in calories and only £1.00 for about 30 pieces--I often have one or two as a little snack sometimes...
Yep, this stuff...

I also buy it shredded, chunk style or flake style. This is flake style that can easily be shredded.

I also buy the imitation lobster, which is what I was actually going for today for my wrap, but it was sold out, no more packages left. Humbug.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

19-08-2016, 07:18 AM

I've tried those Crab Sticks and I don't like them.

Today it is homemade Vegetable Curry and a handful of Pasta Shells.
Linda0818
USA

19-08-2016, 01:21 PM

Curry *shiver*

I don't know how people can eat that stuff, but I guess it's a popular thing.

Page 87 of 255 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top