Join for free
Page 136 of 190 « First < 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Good lad OGF, one thing i hated doing as a Lekky was the large dose of hammer rash gained while chasing the walls.
Ha ha, yes cheers Nom, it's dirty and painful work Nom, the little bits of breeze block got everywhere, up me nose, in me hair, and even in my underwear when I got undressed to go for a shower....

It wasn't until today that I found most of the damage to my thumbs and knuckles after they stiffend up overnight....

As I sit perusing the forum I can hear the plasterers trowel scouring the walls, I'll wake up and it's all been a bad dream.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I think she's won OGF!!!!
Nooooooooo....Us marathon runners can be quite resilient Gumbud, I'll play along with her for a while and let her think she's won. I'll play the long game, and give her a 'False sense of security' and then call her from the Premier Inn in Hull...Just like the words to the song:- By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be waking......She didn't believe I'd really leave her.....cos I left that girl so many times before....... I don't think 'Hull' has the same ring to it though.....

I miss Glen Campbell and his songs.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Thanks for the pics Foxy.
I remember helping chase out the walls for my BIL, when he rewired his whole house, very time consuming, let alone messy.
I also had a go at plastering, I wasn't bad either, a bit like icing a cake.
However, I can tile walls as good as any - So there.

Now, I have heard on good authority, that the best parties are in the kitchen, so when it is finished - hint hint

Keep us posted Foxy.
You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties Sweetie Pie... And if you come, you'd better bring your plasterers trowel with you and show me what a smoothie you are.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties Sweetie Pie... And if you come, you'd better bring your plasterers trowel with you and show me what a smoothie you are.....
Listen ear Foxy, I can get plastered without a trowel.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Listen ear Foxy, I can get plastered without a trowel.
That's the brightest, funniest exchange I've read all day, Sweetie Pie!

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 08:34 AM

It made me smile too sweetie
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2018, 10:10 PM

Allen the plasterer did a sterling job on my kitchen, and what a nice bloke. Although he cleaned up the best he could, he did leave me with quite a lot of surplus plaster festooning pipes, plug boxes and other orifices that shouldn't normally be submerged in plaster. No work on the kitchen today to allow the plaster to dry, so I used the opportunity to visit the Household Recycling Site with the accumulated debris that adorned the garage making it difficult to squeeze in the motor.

It was while I was struggling with a large heavy box full of old floor tiles at the dump when a sharp eyed jobsworth approached me, and after a brief forage around my box of tiles, informed me that they were 'Marley Tiles' and contained asbestos. And "They can not be deposited here without special packaging and an inspection from a council official"... So I had to take them home.....

Kevin massaged my piriformis and suggested that I allow it to settle down for a few weeks and see how it goes. It always feels brilliant after a session for the rest of the day, but seems to stiffen up during the night, which makes me think that the problem still exists, I worry that I might not come back from this........
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:55 AM

I thought the same when I did my back in Bob.. and I'll admit it took a long time to get better but it's back to normal now....who would have thought it? Stay positive that's half the battle
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-05-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought the same when I did my back in Bob.. and I'll admit it took a long time to get better but it's back to normal now....who would have thought it? Stay positive that's half the battle
I've always been known as 'Mr Positive' Summer, 'Mr Optimistic' but due to recent events I'm struggling to keep it together... It seems like one problem after another, and each morning I wake up to yet another unexpected challenge.......

"My life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze,
and every now and then I feel so insecure
and I know, I need you like, I've never done before"

"Help me if you can I'm feeling doooouwn,
And I do appreciate you being rooooound,
Help me get my feet back on the groooound,
Won't you pleeeeeease Help meeeeouw"....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Foxy please remember that Mr Positive hasn't disappeared, he is still there but just feeling a bit fed up.....like everybody does!

In the early stages of my cancer treatment I was feeling really down, till I realized that the hospital were not making sure they had enough Chemo nurses to look after their patients. That gave me something to do, so I wrote to the hospital and my MP ( I am good at complaining ) and my cancer became less significant, because I had something to focus on & feel good about. The hospital got more nurses and I survived my cancer.

Just wait till you have a lovely new kitchen and the sun is beckoning you to go for a run. You may not return to being as good as you were ( we are all getting older) but you will have a strong desire and return to doing something that gives you pleasure.

Page 136 of 190 « First < 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top