Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 09:06 PM

Re: Some healthy eating ideas.

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
We have your basic Chinese restaurants and authentic Cantonese restaurants and they are worlds apart. The Chinese food we eat here would never be in found in China.

Same with Indian and pizza really

My home made pizza is thin crust with just tomato , mozzarella and basil. Perhaps anchovies and olives. But very very little topping and very thin base

I'm fortunate that my husband built me a pizza oven in the garden. When we light that we have people from everywhere showing up for a night of good food and laughter

A pizza oven is a very sociable thing. And because it's outside and nibbling and drinking, you actually eat a lot less. So easy to eat a pizza made for three at home when slammed in the oven, with all the extra toppings
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Same with Indian and pizza really

My home made pizza is thin crust with just tomato , mozzarella and basil. Perhaps anchovies and olives. But very very little topping and very thin base

I'm fortunate that my husband built me a pizza oven in the garden. When we light that we have people from everywhere showing up for a night of good food and laughter

A pizza oven is a very sociable thing. And because it's outside and nibbling and drinking, you actually eat a lot less. So easy to eat a pizza made for three at home when slammed in the oven, with all the extra toppings
Ooooo, a pizza oven, how lucky! It would be awesome to have one of those and make traditional hearth-baked pizzas.

I don't put a lot of stuff on my pizzas, either. Light sauce, light cheese and usually veg, like onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, sometimes tomato and/or olives. But rarely do I put all of that on one pizza at the same time. I don't like pizzas loaded up with a ton of junk. Granted, I use healthy ingredients, but I don't like a lot at once. Especially cheese. I can't stand a pizza that's swimming in cheese. Which is one of the reasons I like making my own because I control the ingredients. Pizzas ordered from a pizza parlor usually have so much cheese on them that they're a big mushy pile of greasy mess.

One of my favorite pizzas to make at home is a BLT. I also like ham and pineapple. I can't stand pepperoni. Occasionally I like sausage, but it has to be GOOD sausage; not rubbery pellet sausage.

Indian food, you can keep that. Not crazy about it at all.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:33 PM

You can share some too

I'd forgotten all about this thread. Thanks for waking it up!

Tonight's dinner will be Subway, haha. My son wants me to pick it up on my way home from work, so I'm getting my favorite - the sweet onion chicken teriyaki.
Twinxy
New Member!
Oregon USA
Twinxy is female 

26-02-2017, 09:59 PM

I'm in USA. Just wondering if coconut aminos has found its way in the UK. It tastes just like soy sauce but is actually a healthy choice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Twinxy ->
I'm in USA. Just wondering if coconut aminos has found its way in the UK. It tastes just like soy sauce but is actually a healthy choice.

No sorry darlin' - never heard of it.
Linda0818
USA

27-02-2017, 01:36 PM

Neither have I, actually, and I'm in the U.S. as well. When it comes to soy sauce, however, we've always used Yamasa. That stuff is wonderful.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top