Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:13 PM

Recommendations for conifers

I've had to remove a conifer which had become too big and was over-hanging the pavement. The trunk and some of the roots have been removed to just below ground level and I'm hoping to dig some holes large enough to plant something else.
Because some of the trunk and roots are still there, I think a prostrate conifer would be good and I think a Juniper Pfitzeriana Aurea would do the job as it's described as quite vigorous and the foliage changes colour. I think the area is big enough to plant something else of a contrasting colour - perhaps a small conifer or a Berberis thunbergii - 'Rose Glow' though I think that may be too big.
The area is west facing and very dry, but quite exposed to wind.
Any ideas or recommendations - preferably for something a local nursery would be able to get hold of, or have in stock?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:35 PM

Re: Recommendations for conifers

Steven just planted some lovely yellow ones at the edge of our caravan pitch, I'm not sure of the name though do not much help sorry.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top