Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:14 AM

Re: 10pm Thursday channel 4

Interesting programme.

I kinda liked them all tbh.
The exception being the plonka in the restaurant who said he expects his wife to cook and clean for him, and HIS career takes priority.
Rightfully, she gave him the big f-off..........
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Interesting programme.

I kinda liked them all tbh.
The exception being the plonka in the restaurant who said he expects his wife to cook and clean for him, and HIS career takes priority.
Rightfully, she gave him the big f-off..........
Same here Fender, I could see Westernisation creeping in, especially the ladies. did you spot the occupation of the the one in the restaurant, 'Aviation Engineer' no wonder she wouldn't consider giving up her career.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 10:52 AM

I enjoyed that, they are pretty typical of the Muslims I know and I was convinced by members my Surrey Muslims were different ! It seems from this fairly typical over the country.

The chap wanted a servant made me laugh many young men start like that by time they've met a few young ladies who put them in their place they change their minds
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I enjoyed that, they are pretty typical of the Muslims I know and I was convinced by members my Surrey Muslims were different ! It seems from this fairly typical over the country.

The chap wanted a servant made me laugh many young men start like that by time they've met a few young ladies who put them in their place they change their minds
I think if there were more programmes like this Julie, and the Muslim faith was a bit more open and accessible more people would accept that we are all the same. Just want to raise a family and do what's best for them and the society we live in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Hi

My Nurse was here earlier, a Muslim who does not wear a headscarf.

She does not eat Pork and she does not drink alcohol.

She does enjoy a crafty cigarette however.

She thought the whole thing was sad.

Her view, I am a Nurse, not a f******g Muslim.

She has a point.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She has a point.
Good bedside manner Swim.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She has a point.
She does but how else can we show others what we see swim ? It's clear from many discussions here people don't believe Muslims are just the same as us, what I saw from the programme was they want just what most of us do. The idea all Muslims are Isis has to be countered and programmes like this may just be one way to do that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She does but how else can we show others what we see swim ? It's clear from many discussions here people don't believe Muslims are just the same as us, what I saw from the programme was they want just what most of us do. The idea all Muslims are Isis has to be countered and programmes like this may just be one way to do that.
Hi

The thing is Julie that I have had very good Muslims and very bad Muslims for many years.

The very good ones are my ex employees, Enforcement Officers.

The bad ones were the Radicals, the ones we had to deal with.

It does tend to polarise your views, well mine at least.

I did not meet many what you would call average Muslims so to speak.

I did used to support a Muslim Ladies Group, made amazing curries and used to give them all my contracts to provide lunch when we had meetings at work.

My Nurse is what I would call an average Muslim, no great shakes, she wants to be judged as a Nurse, not a Muslim.

The one thing my good Muslims and my Muslim Ladies Group and my Nurse have in common is that they absolutely hate the Radicals.

They have a very different view of them to us, their mindset is very different.

A different view of life to us.

They are far less forgiving, they would sod their human rights, deport the lot of them, and if we couldn't, they would lock them up for life, in solitary, with no contact at all with the outside world.

So yes, Muslims do have a different view of life to us, far less forgiving.

It is no bad thing when dealing with the Radicals.

I would love to see my Muslim Enforcement Officers,my Nurse and the Muslim Ladies Group as Magistrates, Judges and Juries dealing with the Radicals.

There would be riots from the Civil Liberties people and luvvies.

It would however, be very, very effective.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Many people have different views on life not just Muslims, I'd like to see more programmes showing the differences and similarities.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:35 PM

The young woman choosing a number at the marriage guidance only to find after a phone call the man was married was sad. Like placing an order from a catalogue, then told it's unavailable. Interesting that if the man ends the marriage he does not have to follow the same procedure as the woman according to sharia law.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top