Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:04 AM

China

Temple of heaven

Great wall ( china on he left and mongolia on the right)

Wall under repair

Courtyard inside forbidden city

Terra cotta horses and army (still in pit)

Under repair

CiC

Stone replic of Empress Dowager Cixi (pronounced si si) who was the emporers childrens governess until she murdered the emperor and then ruled China. she had a large mirror near the fomn of the boat so she could see what was happening behind and if anyone got infront they were killed

Only glass cabinet known to exist that had jade inserted in the glass and not known how it was done

pets corner

I took loads more photos and these are just a small section
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:08 AM

Re: China

Excellent.

Very interesting.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Excellent.

Very interesting.
Thank you it is an amazing country this is as I said only a small bit of the photos I took. Others include the clock and bell tower the drum tower all for telling the people the time. Did the tea drinking thing - jade and silk works as well as pottery factory . Sue was given a small pearl at the pearl factory.
took in the buddist temples and ate in one of the emperors palaces in Bejing everything covered in gold leaf. Had a ride bicycle with covered twin seats at the back around the old part of the city.Walked around part of the walled city of Zian and loads more.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:31 AM

The terra cotta horses and army intrigue me. Fabulous photos, realspeed!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cam ->
The terra cotta horses and army intrigue me. Fabulous photos, realspeed!

Thank you.

Everyone shows the rows of the army but seldom of them just uncovered or under repair let alone the horses. I undestood that the repair to each warrior can take up to a year to put back together
hen we were there they know where the emperor was buried but didn't want to uncover as the colours deteriate too quickly and they have yet to find a way to stop it

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 11:44 AM

Amazing place you've captured it well.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Julie

I took 500 photos while I was there ,so if you want to see the pot making or silk being stretched or inside where we ate, even chinese doing daily exercise etc, if I have photos I will put them up for you

Rock and roll band Chinese style

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:00 PM

Yes please do I'm sure many of us would be interested to see them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-02-2017, 12:21 PM

exercise

centre sone where emperor prayed to heaven , count the number of slabs in each circle can't remember if it is 7 0r 9 as a chinese lucky number but each circle is a multiple of that number

Emperors palace in Bejing where we ate. walked up a path through fabulous gardens to be greeted by 4 girls in national traditional dress to open the doors ( no photo I regret)

Budda

archway toTemple of heaven. What is interesting is the lines leading to central arch. This is where the emperor and empress walked, other walked ouside those lines. If they crossed them they were beheaded.

Back street in bejing (warned not to go down them)

One of only 2 largest urns in the world

got loads more photos but these to keep going on
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Protective wall around Zian city

Guard house

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top