Join for free
Page 76 of 190 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:06 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I actually felt sorry for you after reading today's blog, Bob I just hope you haven't caught ManFlu on top of your sniffles....
Don't worry Mags, if he has caught Man Flu, we will get Mrs Fox to hide the remote control, he will soon recover then.....and there is always the Pillows if he doesn't.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Don't worry Mags, if he has caught Man Flu, we will get Mrs Fox to hide the remote control, he will soon recover then.....and there is always the Pillows if he doesn't.
Perfect Twink ...you always have an answer for any situation
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Well Doris didn't live up to expectations did she - Just like some women I've known - But then, I probably didn't live up to theirs! Apparently, at the met office, they alternate the names of these storms from a woman's name to a man's name alphabetically. So we shall eagerly await Eric's arrival......Can't say I look forward to being engulfed by Fanny though...

Re visiting the Garden Centre provided some navigation problems in that, it wasn't where I thought it was, and although I hate to admit it, had to use the sat nav to extract me from the brown stuff.....

The sniffles and sneezing seemed to have disappeared after yesterdays run, but the walk along the seafront was unanimously postponed until the warmer weather. Instead of a sandwich I succumbed to a delicious piece of meat pie and vegetables...

A bit gusty on the motorway returning home, but nothing serious.

Twink, I think it was worse on your side of the country, I hope your property remained intact. I don't think cats like the wind, I know mine doesn't, so we left her fast asleep in the back room away from the windy side of the house....

Thanks Val, I used up a bit more energy than I would have liked battling against the wind, but recovered quite quickly after my porridge with a generous helping of honey.
Some very nice meals to be had at Eastfield Garden Centre....

Seems to have turned out alright Mags, like Doris, the sniffles and sneezing seem to have blown itself out...Rest day today and tomorrow, so I should be good for Sunday's run.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 01:04 PM

No Bob, the house is still standing , but I have a a brick wall lying on the ground and a medium sized tree that fell over into the field. I am hoping the farmer who uses the field , for crops, will offer to help move it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 09:17 PM

No Bob, the house is still standing , but I have a a brick wall lying on the ground and a medium sized tree that fell over into the field. I am hoping the farmer who uses the field , for crops, will offer to help move it.
If I lived a bit closer Twink I would come and cut up/shift the fallen tree, but I'm not noted for my bricklaying. For that you will need Tpin.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-02-2017, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If I lived a bit closer Twink I would come and cut up/shift the fallen tree, but I'm not noted for my bricklaying. For that you will need Tpin.....
Oooh I will see if Tpin can pick you up. I would do you both a nice roast beef dinner,,, but if Tpin is with you I am afraid the dessert may have to be Cornettos.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-02-2017, 10:37 AM

Oooh I will see if Tpin can pick you up. I would do you both a nice roast beef dinner,,, but if Tpin is with you I am afraid the dessert may have to be Cornettos.
That sounds too good to resist...
I'm not going anywhere near your cellar though....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-02-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That sounds too good to resist...
I'm not going anywhere near your cellar though....
Well there isn't enough cellar space for both of you, when I already have 10 men in there, and I couldn't possibly make a choice between you and Tpin so I will let you both go home after dinner.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-03-2017, 12:43 PM

So where have I got to in my 'comeback attempt'....Well I haven't run the five mile muddy lane course for a few weeks now, instead I've been jogging round a nice dry, clean road route out into the country and hardly had to clean my shoes. It is a mile longer at six miles, but I seem to have got accustomed to the extra mile three times a week and for the the last four Sunday's have taken the 'Long Cut' to make it eight. This week, on such a nice sunny Thursday morning I did the eight again and shall probably keep it up now bumping up my weekly mileage to twenty two miles.

Although I've managed a couple of faster sessions it's not going all that smoothly. I'm still struggling with stiff lower back and buttock muscles following a run. Fortunately, it has subsided by the time of my next run but I'm not getting into the 'Zone' - A sort of warp drive for runners, when there is no pain or tiredness and you feel that you could go on forever, and necessary for running long distances. So at the moment I'm not feeling the love...........It's looking like I'm going to have to enlist the services of a good Physio....

I will no longer comment on Brexit. I believe that everything that could be said, has been said, by me anyway and now it's doing my head in. Dave Cameron put it to a referendum and I went out and voted for what I believe is best for the country. The majority of the electorate agreed with me and the rest is history. I doubt Theresa May will come and ask me for my advice on how best to wrap it up so my work here has been done. Amen....

Visited the cinema on Wednesday to see 'The Viceroy's House' I really enjoyed the movie but it made me a little ashamed to be British. It's true what they say about the Victor writes the history and I have never given it much thought about what went on in India after we decided to carve up the country and leave them to it. I thought that there had always been a 'Pakistan' but apparently not, it was created to segregate the Muslims from the Hindou's [roughly speaking] and a problem that we seem to be coming up against now here in the UK.
We might not come to the same conclusion though. The film was produced by an Indian woman who's relatives had first hand knowledge of what happened in those terrible times when families were split and forced out of their houses and villages. The largest displacement of people ever recorded until now, according to the BBC.

But aren't the BBC always banging on about famine and strife somewhere in the world and looking to the viewers to foot the bill.....Hardly a day goes by when they're not asking for your brass to save the Tiger or Whale or put some money into some drought affected area. It used to shock me how people could live like that and what I could do to help, but after overdosing on it now it just goes in one ear and out the other. A bit like bombs going off in far off lands and killing scores of people. The media [especially the BBC] have been successful it turning me into a selfish uncaring desensitised human being who couldn't give a s$$t about world affairs........
These days I know more about the news in Syria and America than I do about the news in the next village.....Still....Rock on!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Just a quick catch up....
This mornings run took me completely by surprise ending up the fastest six miles this year, knocking almost two.....Yes TWO minutes off my previous best time.
It wasn't easy and I shall probably fall asleep in the cinema later....Going to Meadowhall for lunch and to watch 'The Time Of Their Lives' with Joan Collins and Pauline Collins....If it's any good, look out for the report....

Page 76 of 190 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top