Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:31 PM

Re: Fountain pens

I had a fountain pen as school but it was confiscated because I managed to cover myself and half the classroom in ink
I was a very messy child
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Here is my small pen collection. One Parker 61 was given to me by my parents for my 21st birthday "a couple of years ago"..... It is at nine o'clock. The other '61 is at three o'clock. One Watermans ballpen packed up, but there are no spares for it...sob...sob.

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Woaw!!! That's a LOT of fountain pens...
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 08:05 PM

I love fountain pens, I always have.

It's been a lifelong quest to find a good writer with an endlessly smooth flow.

I have several of the Chinese Pens you mention and yes they are lovely writers easily as good as a Montblanc minus the price.

Many years ago, I watched John Major sign a treaty with a fountain pen that looked a small stick of rock, I knew that it had to be something special but it wasn't until the internet I found out what it was. Apparently in Europe all treaties are signed with Pelikan Souveran M1000 Pens (Black).

http://thepelikansperch.com/2014/11/...00-comparison/

I'm now the proud owner of a Pelikan Souveran M600 green striated fountain pen and a matching rollerball pen. The M1000 would have looked silly in my hand although I would have loved a go

The nib is a feat of engineering and I very often find myself staring at it instead of writing. My love of pens is so deep I can make no sense of it except it's always been there.

I favour Noodlers inks and have been using Turquoise for the last eight years.

I don't know if you know about the this site OP but I've spent many a happy hour there discussing pens and ink.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:03 PM

I remember when I was a kid at grammar school, long before the days of the ball-point pen, I always had 'De la Rue' fountain pens. Like Meg, I had ink all over my fingers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:13 PM

We had to use fountain pens with Italic nibs at school. We all had to learn to write in Italics.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Yes, I love fountain pens. I have Parker and Platignum fountain pens. I only write with an italic nib using black bottled ink (Quink). Some of my pens have ink cartridges but the older ones have the squeezy bit which have almost perished as they must be approx 50 years old! I have lots of different nibs.
People know me by my handwriting and I only use unlined Basildon Bond blue notepaper when I write a letter!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I love fountain pens, I always have.

It's been a lifelong quest to find a good writer with an endlessly smooth flow.

I have several of the Chinese Pens you mention and yes they are lovely writers easily as good as a Montblanc minus the price.

Many years ago, I watched John Major sign a treaty with a fountain pen that looked a small stick of rock, I knew that it had to be something special but it wasn't until the internet I found out what it was. Apparently in Europe all treaties are signed with Pelikan Souveran M1000 Pens (Black).

http://thepelikansperch.com/2014/11/...00-comparison/

I'm now the proud owner of a Pelikan Souveran M600 green striated fountain pen and a matching rollerball pen. The M1000 would have looked silly in my hand although I would have loved a go

The nib is a feat of engineering and I very often find myself staring at it instead of writing. My love of pens is so deep I can make no sense of it except it's always been there.

I favour Noodlers inks and have been using Turquoise for the last eight years.

I don't know if you know about the this site OP but I've spent many a happy hour there discussing pens and ink.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/
I've been on there for some time. Good site.
Inks - I like Montblanc midnight blue and Diamine inks.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 01:01 PM

It is a great forum and a real boon for us people who love the things that usually get a raised eyebrow from most quarters : - )

I love Visconti inks, too, Turquoise again, I'm really stuck on that colour.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 08:40 PM

well fascinating - much discussion of pens and ink but what do you do with them these days apart from writing Xmas cards and birthday cards?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top