Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Do you shop at Asda?

I wasn't sure where to put this but it is just a warning for any who shop at Asda.
I had to take my sister home, so called in to pick up some cat food and cat litter. When I paid I thought the price was a bit high, so checked my Bill. There were a couple of packs of Sheba cat food that were charged as £6 each. One was a 12 pouch box which was on the shelf, with other flavours and £3.50 tags were all along the shelf. The other was a pack of Mini Shebas, stacked on a shelf with all the other flavours and priced at £1.98.

I went to customer services and was sent back with a young man to show him the prices shown, so he got a lady to scan them. He told me they were new lines ( which I know one of them wasn't) and the scan said £6 so that is what I had to pay. I immediately asked for a refund as I didn't want the items, but when I returned to Customer services and explained that it was illegal to display a price and then charge a different one, a sensible senior lady said "would you be happy if I charged you the displayed price?" I said " Yes" so she gave me a refund.

On the way home It occurred to me that some people would have bought this items, thinking they were reduced, and not checked their bills. In the case of the small pack the correct price was £1.98 and they would have been charged £6... so I complained to Asda because they were " in effect" misleading people.... although i think the real problem is that the people who put the prices on the scanners had made a mistake.

The complaints department weren't very good, so I told them that I wanted a full explanation of what had gone wrong and how they were going to fix it. If I didn't get one I said that I would take the matter further as they were breaking the trading laws and the newspapers or social media would be happy to make it public........ I will now wait to hear what they say. I would just like to suggest that you all check your bills if you have purchased items that are scanned.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Re: Do you shop at Asda?

I don't think we have Asda around here Twink, I have never seen one.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:53 PM

This sort of thing does happen regularly and unfortunately if you are in a hurry, who isn't nowadays, you don't always notice.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think we have Asda around here Twink, I have never seen one.
I imagine it can happen at any supermarket that uses scanners, if the price they put on is wrong. As Purwell said, most people don't have the time to notice, but I did so thought I should make an issue of it. They sell a lot of cat food and and if this scanner price has been wrong for a few days they will have made almost 3 times the profit on every small pack.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:11 PM

Only if I have to, getting too expensive these days.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:12 PM

It happens in all shops, not just Supermarkets, I don't know why you've got your knickers in a twist about it....they sorted it out and you got a refund....end of !
Anyone who doesn't check their bill has only themselves to blame.
I never shop anywhere else but Aldi these days, everywhere else is just too expensive.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

28-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It happens in all shops, not just Supermarkets, I don't know why you've got your knickers in a twist about it....they sorted it out and you got a refund....end of !
Anyone who doesn't check their bill has only themselves to blame.
I never shop anywhere else but Aldi these days, everywhere else is just too expensive.
I haven't got my knickers in a twist I am just trying to help others, but you ask anybody, who does a large weekly shop, whether they can remember all the displayed prices and special offers of each item in their shop. I think you will find that they can't! Apart from that, is is illegal to show an item at one price yet charge another!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I haven't got my knickers in a twist I am just trying to help others, but you ask anybody, who does a large weekly shop, whether they can remember all the displayed prices and special offers of each item in their shop. I think you will find that they can't! Apart from that, is is illegal to show an item at one price yet charge another!
They didn't charge another...you got a refund.
People who work in shops are human, just like you and do make the occasional mistake
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:45 PM

Hi

It is a plot by Pummy, he wants to make owning cats too expensive.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:52 PM

Happened to me in the local Co-Op the other week. I always just tell them to stuff it back on the shelf if they don't honour the displayed price and then flounce out. (I'm good at that)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top