Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Re: Do you shop at Asda?

I don't usually shop there, if I do its only to buy Cat Food called Simply and Tiger rolls for us, but I do my MIL's shopping every week there, and not had any problems so far and all the Check-Out Ladies know me as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:00 PM

Haven't shopped in Asda for years, not since they used to sell their Rancid fruit range. It's probably improved now but none in my area anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
They didn't charge another...you got a refund.
People who work in shops are human, just like you and do make the occasional mistake
I don't think you understand Malcolm. the new stock of all the £1.98 food and the £3.50 food had been put on the scanner at the wrong price. This means that every packet they sold would be charged at the higher rate... so they charged everybody, who bought them, the wrong price. They sell a huge amount of cat foods each day because it is a large store and the many shelves of cat food empty everyday. This means that every packet sold, since the scanner price was loaded, was sold at the wrong price.
I was not trying to get the member of staff into trouble I was asking why Asda hadn't got a system that made sure these mistakes don't happen, because it would be Asda that would be prosecuted if a mystery shopper went in and found this, and I could have been that mystery shopper!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:09 PM

Very typical supermarket shenanigans. Just check your bills and check the prices as they come up on the till when they are being scanned. Otherwise, you will be ripped.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:42 PM

I agree Realist ....I dont shop at Asda's but when I do a food shop I usually do such a small one that I will always make sure I watch the prices being scanned for each and every item...if Im not happy with a price I shall query it as soon as its scanned.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:04 PM

I have posted before , about checking supermarket bills, as Morrisons have a habit of over charging for items. So yes, I do check.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Very typical supermarket shenanigans. Just check your bills and check the prices as they come up on the till when they are being scanned. Otherwise, you will be ripped.
Try doing that when the stuff is flying past you at 100 mph

I tot up my shop on a calculator and if the till price differs then I'm afraid it's all stop until the whole lot is checked...queue or no queue.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:18 PM

I have been overcharged on more than one occasion at every Supermarket you can think of, but Having discovered the error and pointed it out to staff, I have ALWAYS received a refund, even after I have returned home and made my complaint at a later date.
You cannot blame the Supermarket for errors made by individuals working there, they are human and will make mistakes, but as long as those mistakes are rectified then, personally, I cannot see a problem.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You mean 'you CAN be ripped'

It doesn't follow that we will definitely be ripped off.

My late husband used to do a weekly shop at a big Tesco's ... the nearest large supermarket within a reasonable driving distance.

At that time, frozen Coley was available (I used to make fish pie for us and the cats we had enjoyed fish).

Looking at the receipt, which he never bothered to do, I found that he'd been charged for fresh salmon.
An horrific price.

I had already used some of the coley when I found the receipt.

Phoned the store and they didn't quibble.
We had a full refund for the salmon and got the coley free.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:48 PM

I bought a magazine and a packet of those melon slices and just put my card in and paid for it without really taking notice of the bill.
When I got out I happened to think that it was actually a little expensive. The till receipt showed a can of Monster energy drink, which I didn't even buy!
Stupidly, I couldn't be bothered to go back and argue about it, but I'll be more careful in future.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top