Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 07:30 AM

Re: Placentophagy

Did they tell you this ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 07:40 AM

let's look at some science rather than folklore??

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33006384
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Most mammals eat it, but I wonder if they do that for nutrition or because they don't want the smell to attract possible predators to their babies.
I've heard they do it for both reasons. I remember, when I was just a kid, my cat having kittens and I was horrified to see her eating the afterbirth. I ran to my mom screaming about it because I thought there was something seriously wrong. And that's when she told me that cats eat the afterbirth because it's instinct; cats in the wild eat the afterbirth to protect her babies because the longer it sits around, the more it's going to smell and predators will pick up on it and follow that smell directly to mama and her babies. Not a good situation for a nursing mother.

She told me they also eat it partly for the nutrition, because, as we ladies know, being pregnant and giving birth can cause a massive depletion of nutrients from the body. So by eating the afterbirth, they're replenishing some of those nutrients that have been lost through pregnancy and childbirth. Or, in this case, kittenbirth

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
let's look at some science rather than folklore??

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33006384
This is an interesting article as well. I honestly don't think ingesting human body parts is a good idea.

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...placenta/?_r=0
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 02:12 PM

I was with my daughter when first grandchild was born , I looked at the placenta it was beautiful , so colorful and looked just like our world looks from out of space , I mentioned to the midwife what I thought and they were her thoughts too , it was very pretty .

Apparantly if the placenta is kept and preserved, any future illness or disease of the body can be helped with whatever is stored in the placenta this is being looked into by scientists , it makes sense to me .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Oh boy !

The only way you could "know" that this magic elixir of eternal life exists is for you to have seen the proof of the pudding.
So by the same token then, the only way we could know that Jesus or say Julius Caesar existed is if we personally met them?

I haven't seen any photos of Julius Caesar. But there are documents historically recording his being. i.e. other people have written about him and so we choose to believe that. Perhaps a poor example but in the end, one must look at the plethora of material available that references a thing to understand how likely it is to be real.

There are literally 100s if not 1000s of documents, treatises, tracts, scripts and other written works that reference the Elixir you mention. There is also the "Emerald Tablet", from the 6th-8th century that describes the processes for making it. Then the fact that just about every mainstream religion refers to it, albeit cryptically so that the average numpty would miss it, and so on and so forth.

There is probably more source reference that the Elixir exists that there is that Jesus existed.

It doesn't end there though. The process described for creating this thing, highlights each stage and each stage highlights how the substances will look, appear and smell. It also highlights the colours the substance will turn at each stage. The process however takes 1-2 years to complete once begun.

How can one assess such a thing? Well for one thing, you can begin the process and see if in fact the substance DOES smell that way and if it DOES turn the colours predicted (black, then white then red). I can tell you that there are 100s of people engaged in that process across the world using a variety of equipment and many of them have posted up pictures as they have gone on. The pictures I have thus far seen absolutely confirm the process. The distillation producing the clear liquid (Mercury), the calcinations producing brilliant white salt. The website that hosted discussions on this and where actual experimenters posted pictures and logs of their progress sadly suddenly disappeared a couple of years ago. Hmmmmm !

This is not just some idle fancy. It is recorded in history just about everywhere. Once you understand the process and terminology used for it, you begin to see references to it almost everywhere. In TV programmes, documentaries and films. It goes without saying (I hope!) that anyone who managed to create this thing for themselves would keep extremely quiet about it because the powers that be would surely come looking.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Love to read your posts realist , interesting reading
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 03:01 AM

Susan (ladies first), having just read your Profile, one can see that you have delved into all manner of stuff and have an enquiring mind.
And you're right, Realist's contributions are always interesting and always skilfully worded.

But I'm a cynical old-fart agnostic who spent decades wading through the wondrous worlds of Wicca, the occult, theosophy, reincarnation, all the New Age and New World Order variations, spiritualism, freemasonry - even Christian Science and Sufism.

And I have concluded that it is all gobbledegook.
Regardless of the intelligence and the sincerity of the proponents.

Now, Realist .....
On the weight of evidence, I am prepared to accept that Yeshua, Julius Caesar and Mohammed probably existed - although I strongly suspect that much which is believed about any of their words or actions is pure mythology.

I see no convincing evidence of this so-called 'elixir'.
The fact (?) that there has long been such a belief does not impress me.
Mankind over many centuries has believed all manner of crap.

Your reference to some now defunct website is hardly convincing.
Just one, one, link to a verifiable source would excite me no end.
But if we continue down a conspiracy theory path that all is being hidden by some nefarious, anonymous group ....
well, one cannot expect anyone to suddenly leap forth and shout
"Hallelujah, I have found THE TRUTH !"
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 11:28 AM

^^What he said^^
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:36 PM

I'm a cynical old-fart agnostic who spent decades wading through the wondrous worlds of Wicca, the occult, theosophy, reincarnation, all the New Age and New World Order variations, spiritualism, freemasonry - even Christian Science and Sufism.
And I think being cynical, sceptical and willing and able to rationalise and challenge everything is the absolute correct way to be in this world, so totally with you there.

On the weight of evidence, I am prepared to accept that Yeshua, Julius Caesar and Mohammed probably existed - although I strongly suspect that much which is believed about any of their words or actions is pure mythology.
Yet such "evidence" amounts primarily to documents that other men/women have written about those people, usually many 100s of years after the time of their lives. What about the similar evidence for the "Stone" in the 100s of documents written by numerous key figures, philosopher's, sages, well know religious figures and the works of painters and other artists. What about the references to it found in most mainstream religions (despite their followers being blind to it)? Heck the very opening verses of the Bible, Genesis, are nothing but a description of the very alchemical process for creating the Stone, though devout Christians the world over are simply ignorant of it and think it really is about an entire universe being created in 7 days lols ! The Bible is chock full of clues and references to the Stone, chock full, and even Jesus talks about it !

I see no convincing evidence of this so-called 'elixir'.
The fact (?) that there has long been such a belief does not impress me. Mankind over many centuries has believed all manner of crap.
Fair comments indeed. Man has believed in all manner of stupidity. Nevertheless, if you devote some time to researching this you will start to uncover all the evidence and see that it is not fanciful myth.

Your reference to some now defunct website is hardly convincing. Just one, one, link to a verifiable source would excite me no end.
I wish the website were still available as I could have included links to the plethora of photos of the laboratory process as it developed that many different people had posted.

If you really want to begin to look into this, I recommend you start by reading a work called "The Book Of Aquarius" written by an anonymous author. There are to my knowledge 3 editions of this. Here is a link. I'm not sure which edition this is:

http://www.alchemy.ws/TheBookofAquarius.pdf

Do not read this by way of evidence.

Read it simply as a grounding in what the Stone is, and try to learn from it what the practical process is for creating it. It is a 2 stage process, not particularly complicated.

The book is, imo, hard going in places because the author has been keen to include all the references from numerous source documents as he goes along, rather than just presenting a straightforward "recipe cookbook".

It is apparently important to understand those source references and the reasons for each stage of the process.

If this serves to whet your appetite (it did mine!) then I recommend you go on to download copies of every source document it references, and there are many !!

Those source documents are MUCH harder going as they are the works of the philosophers and sages who wrote cryptically in order to conceal the secret from the general populous. In fact many of them read as complete mumbo-jumbo gibberish UNTIL such time as you have given yourself a basic grounding in the 2 stage process and the terminology that these writers all used.

Personally I find it hard, mentally challenging to persevere through. Yet despite this, I now do understand the 2-stage process and most of the terminology and as a result, I now see references to the Stone everywhere I look because I see those same cryptic terms used. I was very much blind in my prior ignorance, but now I see. I sought, and now I have found.

A core message of The Bible is that there is but one way to achieve enlightenment and immortality and the Bible continually references the Stone, albeit hidden (in plain sight) amongst a plethora of fanciful stories and parables.
I can not iterate this enough.

The Stone is very much concerned with Silver and Gold. When you look back to the ancient Egyptians you realise quickly that they too were obsessed with gold and seemed to have massive quantities of it ! Now where did all their gold come from??? Were there hundreds of gold mines? Lols Nope. They created it, clearly.

Happy reading my friend and do come back to me once you are ready and we can chew the fat over the issue in more detail.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

03-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Actually Pummy, I suspect you will find the book quite cryptic still and not straightforward. It might be better if I just outline the 2 stage process with a couple of diagrams and simple explanation. Have a read and let me know.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top