Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:53 AM

Re: Foods that help prevent reflux ?

That sounds absolutely terrifying.

I don't think we fully realise just how dangerous free flowing stomach acid can cause tissues that aren't designed to come into contact with it.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Avoid fatty foods and fryups believe me, I didn't and landed up in hospital with my Gall bladder having to be removed after having sever pains and my pancrias damaged as well. On top of that an internal infection the Dr's warned Sue that I was that I may not be coming out of hospital. Having spent a lot of time last year in and out of hospital as they did not diagnose my illness propely in the first place I would not wish that on anyone. I thought i was having a heart attack and rushed into hospita and they said it was acid reflux , how wrong can they get?
HouseE
New Member!
Vancouver,Canada
HouseE is male 

15-09-2016, 10:08 AM

Avoid alcohol,greasy food,coffee/tea and chocolate.In addition to avoiding these foods you could change your dietary habits a little by eating small frequent meals and avoid meals that are high in fat.Sit upright while you eat and remain upright for 2-3 hours after you eat and don’t eat three hours before bed.
Twinxy
New Member!
Oregon USA
Twinxy is female 

26-02-2017, 06:54 AM

I weaned myself off Omeprazole after 5 years of use. It can cause osteoporosis. I don't suffer from acid reflux now because I add acid to my diet. This means yes to citrus and vinegar, because it's caused by a lack of acid to digest foods. It's great to enjoy a glass of orange juice now. Some medications can aggravate reflux too. The natural methods to healing are better than pills.
Twinxy
New Member!
Oregon USA
Twinxy is female 

26-02-2017, 06:55 AM

Not to say that some medicines are not necessary to treat certain conditions. If there is a way to treat it without, I take that route.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top