Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:33 PM

Tired of fatigue!

Yesterday I went to an appointment at the Fatigue Clinic.
My daughter took me, it's about half an hour drive so I thought I'd be quite ok with someone else driving.
It was a "group" meeting with a psychologist, which put me off as it smacks of, "it's all in your mind".
Anyway, I was called in, very pleasant young lady was leading it, two other patients didn't turn up and for about ten minutes it was just me and the psychologist.
That was, as it turned out, lucky as I managed to point out that the six, weekly, 2 hour appointments booked starting in January would be practically impossible for me to attend as I'd have to drive to the park and ride, catch a bus, then talk in a group for two hours, catch another bus then drive for up to half an hour to get home.
Not something that someone with chronic fatigue would find possible.
Well, then in came this woman, another patient who completely took over the whole session, neither I nor the psychologist could get a word in! No wonder she was fatigued!
I left early, with the psychologist 's email address.
What a complete waste of time and a talking session that I'm sure many people with mental health problems, who can't get appointments for a year or so, could have done with!
I just want a proper diagnosis as to why I'm so knackered, not stupid "pacing" etc, which I had from the fybromyalgia clinic and didn't work!
Grrr!
Absolutely shattered today so can't do anything, another wasted day!
confused.com
North Wales
confused.com is female  confused.com has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 01:04 PM

Re: Tired of fatigue!

OMG Tess I never realised we had the same issues. Ive had CFS for 10 years now, but for the last 2 yrs Ive been getting stiffer and my balance has deteriorated significantly, Will be having an MRI scan soon in case its anything nasty (or nastier than CFS), and yep Im tired of it too. My day was wasted yesterday cus I should have had a DWP assessment at 11.30...it was cancelled at 10.10 cus they we running late. My partner took the day off without pay, to drive me there an support me, next time Ill have to go alone. Told them I want a taxi, but I have to pay for the taxi and then ask the assessor if I can have the money reimbursed!!
Pacing doesnt work for me...nothing does.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 01:05 PM

Have you checked the side effects of your meds, many can give symptoms of fatigue. Hope you can get some results, i must admit to having little faith in psychologists.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 01:48 PM

I'm glad someone is getting scans etc. I can't remember the last time I was examined by my Gp apart from blood tests
Not even had my blood pressure checked.
I get totally fed up with the, " try these and see if they help" treatment.
As some of you know I never take any medicines where the side effects are worse than the condition, being a retired dispenser I've witnessed too many people being given unnecessary drugs.
I think when you get to a certain age you get fobbed off with either age related or hormone related reasons for the way you feel.
So much money is wasted on drugs these days instead of diagnosis, which would save time and money and get people fit instead of becoming increasingly dependant on the NHS.
I'm so fed up I can't begin to tell you how much I'm struggling to avoid depression!
Funnily enough, have you tried amitryptilline?" was one of these firsts questions asked yesterday.
To which I replied, " I don't want to be even more of a zombie, thank you!"
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-12-2016, 01:53 PM

BTW, being on a forum is a high energy activity!
No wonder I'm knackered!
I'll just sit and stare at the wall instead!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:08 PM

Hi Tessa ... I know you don't want to take further medication but have you considered taking a tonic from the health food shop ? I once took Metatone which I found a great help .... although my son, who was 14 at the time, told everyone at school that I was taking Methadone !!!!

I've seen advertising boards recently for something I can't remember the name of with the slogan "tired of being tired ?" .... something like that may help.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Tessa ... I know you don't want to take further medication but have you considered taking a tonic from the health food shop ? I once took Metatone which I found a great help .... although my son, who was 14 at the time, told everyone at school that I was taking Methadone !!!!

I've seen advertising boards recently for something I can't remember the name of with the slogan "tired of being tired ?" .... something like that may help.
That explains a lot
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:14 PM

@Nom
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm glad someone is getting scans etc. I can't remember the last time I was examined by my Gp apart from blood tests
Not even had my blood pressure checked.
I get totally fed up with the, " try these and see if they help" treatment.
As some of you know I never take any medicines where the side effects are worse than the condition, being a retired dispenser I've witnessed too many people being given unnecessary drugs.
I think when you get to a certain age you get fobbed off with either age related or hormone related reasons for the way you feel.
So much money is wasted on drugs these days instead of diagnosis, which would save time and money and get people fit instead of becoming increasingly dependant on the NHS.
I'm so fed up I can't begin to tell you how much I'm struggling to avoid depression!
Funnily enough, have you tried amitryptilline?" was one of these firsts questions asked yesterday.
To which I replied, " I don't want to be even more of a zombie, thank you!"
Tessa have you had a blood test for thyroid function recently, I am 'borderline underactive thyroid' and that can cause tiredness. I don't take medication, it is the least of my problems just now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 03:11 PM

Tessa, could be something lacking in your diet. Like Meg says try to get a blood test, although through the NHS they only look for certain things. If you can afford it go and get a comprehensive one done privately. If it were me Tessa it would be my first line of attack...
You do right not taking any medication until you have located the cause, and then it might be better treated by altering/amending your diet.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top