Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Re: Tired of fatigue!

Absolutely agree with what Mr. Fox said Tess.

Don't put it off. Now the doctor you like is back you can talk better hopefully. Good luck.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 10:59 AM

At least CFS and Fibro are now being recognised as genuine issues. Being tired and in pain all the time is no fun. A very close and dear friend of mine could tell you all about it but you know already.

There are very few `good days`some days are just less crappy than others.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Carbon Monoxide, yes!
I was rushed into hospital with pain in may left arm when we had that bad winter, they've got the air ambulance out, luckily the ordinary ambulance managed to get through. I'd been on medication for angina from a GP for ages. All the tests were normal so they diagnosed fybromyalgia as I had other pain and arthritis.
Now I think the Gp I was seeing gave me the impression that I'm making things up!
Anyway, I'd better see my Gp before she gets pregnant again!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Now I think the Gp I was seeing gave me the impression that I'm making things up!
Anyway, I'd better see my Gp before she gets pregnant again!
Do! And tell her what you've said about the other GP.

Why not go through this thread and make a list of questions and suggested tests etc and book a double appointment to really talk it all through and make a Plan Of Action with this GP you trust.

Don't leave the room until you're satisfied that all your worries and questions have been addressed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:17 AM

Good idea Ruthio! I'll do that x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Good idea Ruthio! I'll do that x
That is an excellent idea from Ruthio! All too often doctors are watching the clock, because they have other patients waiting, so if you get up and leave they assume they have satisfied you. Let you GP know that you have a list of questions, that need to be answered or passed on to somebody who can answer them.
Something is causing your tiredness and giving it a name doesn't help, so you need to know what they can do to help!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 07:21 PM

Numbness in the arms/hands can be caused by damage, irritation or compression of one of the nerves or a branch of one of the nerves in your arm and wrist, (compression by sleeping on the arm) but there are also diseases that affect the peripheral nerves.

But it should be mentioned to your doctor for investigation to find the cause.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 07:40 AM

I hope it all goes well for you Tess and you get it sorted, I expect you have had your pottasium and creatinine levels checked as any abnormality can cause severe lethargy and tiredness, another thing to add to the list.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-12-2016, 01:32 PM

I will Summer, do they check them routinely?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 09:11 AM

I'm not sure if it's a routine check but it's certainly worth checking. Good luck

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top