Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:08 AM

Re: Rough sleepers in marble arch

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Romanys are by origin Eastern European.

So what has changed?

Why are some Eastern Europeans OK and others are not?
When people trickle into a country a few at a time we welcome them, we build enough homes hospitals and schools, when they arrive enmass we have no time or funds to do that and we all suffer.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:13 AM

I did mean to put Romanian gypsies and my tablet got it wrong , sorry for the confusion .

I was taken to see some romany gypsies by a friend once , their caravan was absolutely beautiful , sparkly and clean . Since then I've met travellers who now live in houses and they too are spotless .

When I watched the programme it really was shocking , especially when told coach loads are dropped off daily , no homes , no money , our government ignore this .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Hi

There is a very simple reason who the Big Issue is a magnet for Roma.

They are classed as A2, being from either Romania or Bulgaria.

After 12 months selling the Big Issue they are entitled to claim a whole range of benefits including Housing Benefit.

They then often bring their families here and can then claim homelessness and be assessed for social housing.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think Meg is right - these will be Romanians not Romanies.

Most true Romany gypsies are clean, hard working and fiercely proud of their origins/culture. You are most unlikely to find one sleeping rough as they take care of their own.
In Romania the true Romany gypsies are very recognisable.
They wear very bright multicoloured ethnic clothing.
You can spot them a mile away.

When I was working over there in one of the big state orphanages (remember them?) I was shocked at how much they are loathed by ordinary Romanians.

Some of them are rich and can well afford their children... apparently this didn't stop them dropping them off at the orphanages in their smart cars.

Goodness knows if these are the people at Marble Arch
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a very simple reason who the Big Issue is a magnet for Roma.

They are classed as A2, being from either Romania or Bulgaria.

After 12 months selling the Big Issue they are entitled to claim a whole range of benefits including Housing Benefit.

They then often bring their families here and can then claim homelessness and be assessed for social housing.
Thanks for this information Swims
You live and learn .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 02:17 PM

At least they appear to be attracted to Londonistan. One thing is certain: until something is done the problem will continue to get worse.

The good news is that, London being their primary target, their presence is more likely to become apparent to the powers that be. Had they all come to a northern city, they would have effectively disappeared from the eyes of the authorities.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 02:30 PM

At least the Big Issue sellers are doing a job, miserable thing to have to do standing in one place all day in all weather. The one's I've come across are always polite and on the occasions that I've bought one, they're a good read! Better than celebrity and ad filled rubbish that people pay five times as much for!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
At least they appear to be attracted to Londonistan. One thing is certain: until something is done the problem will continue to get worse.

The good news is that, London being their primary target, their presence is more likely to become apparent to the powers that be. Had they all come to a northern city, they would have effectively disappeared from the eyes of the authorities.
The authorities will just keep moving them on until they finally settle in Cheshirestan.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 02:42 PM

I don't know about that they are everywhere flogging the big issue .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 03:00 PM

I bought a copy of the Big Issue once just to see what all the fuss was about. Couldn't understand a word of it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top