Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Re: Rough sleepers in marble arch

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The authorities will just keep moving them on until they finally settle in Cheshirestan.
Not in my lifetime, I hope. They seem to be more attracted to places already in the process of being overtaken. Places like Bradfordistan, Lutonistan, Birmingistan and so on.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 04:39 PM

All the Big Issue sellers up here are of East European origin, most of those begging have disappeared after a crackdown in the Summer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
All the Big Issue sellers up here are of East European origin, most of those begging have disappeared after a crackdown in the Summer.
Or perhaps they've been awarded free housing!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Or perhaps they've been awarded free housing!
In the past the Roma at Marble Arch always went back to the Balkans for the winter with all the money they had conned off the bleeding hearts.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 07:25 AM

I have met plenty of people selling The Big Issue they are mostly British. As a magazine I don't find it very interesting and l rarely read it when l buy it. But having spent 2 month in a hostel and having no home of my own for that short period of time l have grown in sympathy for the homeless. I got my home back and l was never on the streets something l am truly grateful for.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 07:38 AM

Did you sell the Big Issue and if so do you think it an effective way to get the homeless off the streets ?
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Did you sell the Big Issue and if so do you think it an effective way to get the homeless off the streets ?
I never sold it but it is surely better than homeless people pestering people by begging. When people buy the Big Issue they get something for their money.I read the book A Street Cat Called Bob written buy some one who did sell it it seemed to help him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 03:58 PM

How do you know they are all homeless?
Most homeless people have serious problems and are not on a position to buy/sell the big issue .
If they sell the big issue it appear s they are classed as self employed and thus many have an NI no and can claim benefits including housing benefits therefore why should they be homeless?
toniee
New Member!
London, UK
toniee is female 

27-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Society and the world just gets increasingly more complex with life's issues. They are never quite as straightforward as the media portray things. It is true, this is only a tiny island, so saturation point has surely already been reached, no matter how justified, or not, these people's needs are. Sad facts of life. You have to look after your own otherwise you begin to drown in the sheer demands being made everywhere...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top