Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 01:14 PM

Re: France

Bruce ... I'm sure you're a very nice person really who just manages to keep his nicer side, which has atrophied, rather well hidden.

To set the record straight .. you started all this about Lend-Lease when you posted ....

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think you are mistaken here, wasn't it Britain and the allies that had their bacon saved by the USA? Not just their manpower but their extreme generosity with the Lend Lease program which was not so much lend or lease but an outright gift.They were better friends than you deserved quite frankly.
This detour into off-topic, of yours, sent us down the road of dickering over Lend-Lease.
Which you claimed was a gift.
Which was actually a 60 year post-war loan.

All made more robust by a bit of mutual bickering.
This is my final post on the matter .. I am exiting the stage to clear it for you so everyone can be impressed with your debating skills.

You contribution to cogent debate
Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This is the problem when with dealing with you and your limited comprehension.

I did not call you ignorant I called what you said ignorant, no doubt the subtly of that was the "whoosh!" you heard as it went over your head.

Unlike you I don't make personal attacks on people only on their arguments. However for this one message only I will make an exception.

Life is far too short to waste time on sad, bitter, mendacious individuals whose idea of a logical discussion is to either misrepresent or deny what is said or flit down irrelevant dead ends and sling gratuitous insults.

There are people on this forum who can construct robust, coherent and logical arguments to support their case but unfortunately you are not one of them.
This sad, bitter, mendacious individual is making her final post. There are other places to go. The discussion elsewhere is far better. As is the friendship. I enjoy them far more. There's a few like you on here now who just bully their way through threads, are generally obnoxious and arrogant, a case of forceful character rather than a forceful argument (or intellect)... and sadly, a few rather nice members have faded away of late.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 02:49 PM

Re: France

Well .... heavens to Murgatroyd !

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/h...urgatroyd.html

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top