Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Roger Daltrey On Brexit

The Who frontman has backed Brexit, labelling our membership a “disaster”.

In an interview with The Sun he said he wants Britain to quit the ‘undemocratic, highly dysfunctional’ EU which he claims is ‘raping’ southern European countries.

The Sun quotes him saying:

“The only way we’re going to get the Europe that we want is to get rid of this bunch of f***ing useless w***ers that are running it.”

Like so many of the British public, Daltrey realises that we have been taken into this mess by stealthy skulduggery under the guise common market trading.

The Sun reports:

"Daltrey, 72, said the EU is a “wonderful idea”, but attacked Brussels bureaucrats for the way it has expanded, saying “they kind of sneakily crept in on us”.

He said it was “set up by a bunch of crooks”, adding: “It’s like these things on the internet where they tell you to read the conditions – no one’s going to bloody read the conditions!

“But that’s how they did this, we all thought we were voting for a common trade area"

"What it’s done to our Parliament is put them down to level of Parish Council."

"That’s the biggest issue for me, it’s undemocratic, highly dysfunctional, I mean you name me one area of Europe that’s functioning really well at the moment.

"I want to be a proper European, but this is not proper Europe, this will lead to a lot of trouble"

"The Euro’s a disaster, it’s just a matter of time before it collapses"

The Sun article goes on to say:

He [Daltrey] also attacked the Out campaign for not making it clear what would happen if Britain voted to leave and called “bulls***” on those who say Brexit would destroy the economy.

Speaking about the trade deals that would need to be done he said: “It probably will put the cat among the pigeons for a while but it’s not the end of our country and it’s not the end of Europe.

“To say that they’ll stop trading with us is absolute bulls***. That’s the smallest issue here. "
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Re: Roger Daltrey On Brexit

Just shows how stupid he is.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:13 PM

I don"t think him stupid. He talks good sense.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:19 PM

"Daltrey, 72, said the EU is a “wonderful idea”, but attacked Brussels bureaucrats for the way it has expanded, saying “they kind of sneakily crept in on us”.

He said it was “set up by a bunch of crooks”, adding: “It’s like these things on the internet where they tell you to read the conditions – no one’s going to bloody read the conditions!

“But that’s how they did this, we all thought we were voting for a common trade area"

"What it’s done to our Parliament is put them down to level of Parish Council."

"That’s the biggest issue for me, it’s undemocratic, highly dysfunctional, I mean you name me one area of Europe that’s functioning really well at the moment.

"I want to be a proper European, but this is not proper Europe, this will lead to a lot of trouble"

"The Euro’s a disaster, it’s just a matter of time before it collapses"
I think Daltry is expressing how many of us feel ......
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:34 PM

Well said Roger 17 odd million think the same.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t think him stupid. He talks good sense.
So do i APRICOT.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:57 PM

Odd how these stupid and bonkers people are loaded
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Ahh Roger lead singer of the Who, i liked the track " Wont Get Fooled Again " now that we are leaving Euro Disney Land and all its machinations.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 06:17 PM

I do hope bob doesn't let certain member see his war comments

Bob Geldolf launches a blistering attack on the EU

http://dailym.ai/2gFoz1m

Bob Geldof said EU does not work and Brussels quickly needs radical overhaul
Irish rocker also said there could be a European war within a generation or two
He was one of highest-profile celebrity pro-EU campaigners during referendum
Spoke at Trinity College Dublin as he received medal for contribution to music
He was one of the highest-profile celebrity pro-EU campaigners during the Brexit referendum and famously led a flotilla on the River Thames.
But Bob Geldof today unleashed a blistering attack on the European Union - saying it does not work and that Brussels quickly needs a radical overhaul.
Speaking at Trinity College Dublin, Geldof also said there could be a European war within a generation or two as the West moves towards nationalism and populism.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I do hope bob doesn't let certain member see his war comments

Bob Geldolf launches a blistering attack on the EU

http://dailym.ai/2gFoz1m

Bob Geldof said EU does not work and Brussels quickly needs radical overhaul
Irish rocker also said there could be a European war within a generation or two
He was one of highest-profile celebrity pro-EU campaigners during referendum
Spoke at Trinity College Dublin as he received medal for contribution to music
He was one of the highest-profile celebrity pro-EU campaigners during the Brexit referendum and famously led a flotilla on the River Thames.
But Bob Geldof today unleashed a blistering attack on the European Union - saying it does not work and that Brussels quickly needs a radical overhaul.
Speaking at Trinity College Dublin, Geldof also said there could be a European war within a generation or two as the West moves towards nationalism and populism.
Two faced sod, just jumps on any bandwaggon.
Ghastly little twerp.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top