Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Anyone heard of these ?

My friend's stomach is very bloated & uncomfortable , though she isnt in pain, despite a scan & xray her NHS hospital says they 'dont know what to do 'for her , so she has gone private. Has anyone heard of the following proceedures ?In January she will have to take some tablets which will stick to her inside organs, which will show up any problems, also she will have some special ' wash out ' of her bowels,I dont remember the name, but its supposed to be popular with celebrities, including Princess Diana
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 07:21 PM

Re: Anyone heard of these ?

Colonic irrigation is the wash out of bowels.. The other i could only think of is something like a Barium meal what people use to have to show up areas of the inside? i'm not sure really?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 08:21 PM

Are they radio active capsules? I had to take two and they tested something two hours afterwards then I had to go back sometime after to be tested again. Something to do with stomach problems. I had so many tests I can't remember what it was for except I had to take sachets for something.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:02 PM

Bile salts! That's what it was, just remembered!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 08:45 PM

I think your right Tessa Radio Active capsules, supposed to stick to vital inner organs then show up problems in an Xray.Did it find out your problems ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I think your right Tessa Radio Active capsules, supposed to stick to vital inner organs then show up problems in an Xray.Did it find out your problems ?
If you mean Radioactive iodine ...that is used for thyroid therapy.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 09:44 PM

I doubt that there is any treatment that is popular with Princess Diana at this moment in time
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

29-12-2016, 12:40 AM

Yes, I found out I had something, something like billy rubins, but can't remember what it was, they gave me a prescription for some Questran sachets which had been withdrawn, the only type available had sweeteners in which upset me so I ended up with nothing!
A few years ago now, so can't remember details except they were capsules, I took them, was told to keep away from pregnant women, yet sent to walk around shops for two hours before tests. They measured radio activity then and again after two weeks, I think it was. The radio active stuff stuck to the salts produced by the gall bladder or something.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes, I found out I had something, something like billy rubins......

.... The radio active stuff stuck to the salts produced by the gall bladder or something.
Bilirubin is secreted by the liver, an obstruction of the bile ducts can cause an increased amount of bilirubin in the body fluids and lead to jaundice.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top