Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 02:52 PM

Re: vaccines for children

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I refused my child the whooping cough vaccine when she was a baby as there were some dreadful reactions in children ,
So did I thanks to my rather odd hippy GP in Dorset who was against vaccination, big mistake . (He was into candlelit none invention births too not much use when your baby is stuck and can't be born )

I have a lung condition as a result of having my lungs damaged by whooping cough as a child.
My son had whooping cough when little and was very ill, I blamed myself for not finding a GP who would vaccinate him but the other GP in the practice was dying of leukaemia and my husband was seriously ill at the time so I never got around to it.

My stepson wasn't vaccinated against measles, I don't think it was available at the time. He contracted measles and was seriously ill in hospital for weeks and was unable to eat/speak/ move, it was touch and go whether or not he lived.

I am against unnecessary medication but would advise parents to vaccinate their children whenever possible.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am against unnecessary medication but would advise parents to vaccinate their children whenever possible.
Well said Meg.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As it should be IMO Bruce, we need as many as possible to have the vaccs or we will see a resurgence of terrible illnesses.
There are a few exemptions but religion, conspiracy theory or being a flat earther are not among them. They are usually for extreme medical conditions.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 07:49 AM

I agree that vaccination can prevent serious illness - but - would never have a small child subjected to a 'cocktail' of vaccine such as the imfamous MMR.

Single doses of vaccine with recovery time between each would be fine.

Just my opinion.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 10:11 AM

Children should always be vaccinated, unless there is a good medical reason why not.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree that vaccination can prevent serious illness - but - would never have a small child subjected to a 'cocktail' of vaccine such as the imfamous MMR.

Single doses of vaccine with recovery time between each would be fine.

Just my opinion.
This is something we have talked about , we have asked if rosie can have single doses but been told it's not possible , I said I would pay for them to be made up for her but we've met a brick wall .
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 01:01 PM

My daughter works for the local health board and like you and your daughter, other Mothers have tried everything to have the vac's separated out and have them administered one at a time.

Every option has been tried and there is literally only one get around.

They have been going to Harley Street. There are a lot of women from our area choosing this very expensive route.

Remember when this debacle raised its head years ago and and Tony Blair was asked if Leo had had them all in one and he refused to answer? I will bet my bottom dollar that they went the Harley Street route, too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 04:42 PM

I would pay for them to be made up for her but we've met a brick wall .
Understandably because the Big Pharma conglomerates have shed loads of MMR vaccine to shift worth $billions.

If they start allowing one person to have separate jabs then every mother (with at least one active brain cell) will follow suit.

This is simply an issue of money/profit (theirs) verses your child's health.

In the end, every mother has a duty to her children to protect them from evils such as this. There is NO reason whatsoever why a child shouldn't be given separate vaccinations over time. Do whatever it takes to get the separate jabs, no matter what it takes, or costs.

Money is worthless paper.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 01:37 AM

This is something we have talked about , we have asked if rosie can have single doses but been told it's not possible , I said I would pay for them to be made up for her but we've met a brick wall .
In that case I wouldn't hesitate to go private.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 11:13 PM

The NHS does not recommend single measles, mumps or rubella vaccines, because there is no evidence to support their use or to suggest that they are safer than the combined MMR vaccine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top