Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Re: Renationalising the Railways

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I doubt it could happen now. Arriva is a subsidiary of a German company, Deutsche Bahn. Deutcsch Ban have extended networks all over Europe, and apparently are likely to take over our rolling stock and networks. Unless , Brexit stops this, (which I doubt) we are screwed for eternity. HS2 is also stated to have been controlled by the EU and not our Government and has nothing to do with George Osborn.
'''''
"However, following the European Commission’s proposals of 2011, Britain has no choice but to build the HS2 and then to bear the costs. Along with all the other Trans-European Networks, it is no longer a voluntary programme, but is obligatory".
But when we become an independent country once again we can make our own decisions.

The EU can go and stuff their 'proposals' where the sun doesn't shine.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 11:00 PM

The problem with that attitude is if we start reneging on previous commitments we will get a very untrustworthy reputation, let alone court cases in international courts. Then where would our amazing trade deals with the Rest of the World be? The mire would suddenly become that much deeper.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Hi

I am somewhat at a loss to understand why the EU are in any way responsible for HS2.

To the best of my knowledge it is entirely our stupidity.

A significant amount of of rail system is however owned by Foreign Governments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-train-9556521
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am somewhat at a loss to understand why the EU are in any way responsible for HS2.

To the best of my knowledge it is entirely our stupidity.

A significant amount of of rail system is however owned by Foreign Governments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-train-9556521
http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2015-088...u-not-our-gov/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 09:47 AM

Hi

Thank you for the link Puddle Duck.

Europrobe is extremely anti EU, the information contained in the link is misleading to say the least.

The only bit of the network we had to comply with, was the high speed link from London to the Chunnel, which we did years ago.

HS2 is not part of the Network and is nothing to do with the EU.

We simply cannot afford it, it needs to be stopped.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 10:05 AM

The way I see it is our government has been able to blame the eu for a lot over the years, they may not be really to blame but it takes the heat off our elected individuals. Take away the eu and we will expose them for what they are, I'm hoping it will make us realise every vote counts and we must take responsibility for our own government choices.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top