Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

I met a lovely chap who was in a wheelchair , he had parkinsons disease , we chatted a long while . He told me he would smoke canabis and within minutes he could walk and was perfectly in control it helped him . I would defiantly use it if it was me .
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Cannabis screws up the brain.
Right away or after prolonged use,and no offence to Robert but I'm guessing if its after prolonged use that would be not worth consideration.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
As far as I can see only Sativex can be legally obtained from the NHS, usually for sufferers of MS. Do you think it would be wise for the OP to ask his doctor for some advice on this?
Doctors are reluctant to discuss many aspects of its use because of the legalities.

I asked my doctor about it and my mum trying some and he told me to research it.....with a knowing smile.

The US has a lot of states legalising medicinal cannabis which can be grown legally by the user or bought over the counter.

The UK are a bit slow on the benefits..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Half my village seems to smoke cannabis , I can smell it at night when I take the dog for a walk and they have the windows open .

My son who used to smoke it at uni says in general if used in moderation it is a lot less harmful than alcohol and is responsible for some of the technical innovation we see around us which were dreamt up in 'hazy moments'.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Half my village seems to smoke cannabis , I can smell it at night when I take the dog for a walk and they have the windows open .

My son who used to smoke it at uni says in general it is a lot less harmful than alcohol and is responsible for some of the technical innovation we see around us which were dreamt up in 'hazy moments'.
The legal system is overloaded by alcohol fuelled violent crime........I've never met an aggressive cannabis user, they just want a hug
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The legal system is overloaded by alcohol fuelled violent crime........I've never met an aggressive cannabis user, they just want a hug
Quite so, although as with any drug each person reacts differently and the problem with cannabis seems to be if a person is predisposed to certain types of mental illness the cannabis can accentuate the problem.

As with all things it is take in moderation and behave responsibly by not driving while under the influence.
I have never taken it myself, I don't need artificially heightened sensations but I wouldn't hesitate to take it as a painkiller.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-01-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Quite so, although as with any drug each person reacts differently and the problem with cannabis seems to be if a person is predisposed to certain types of mental illness the cannabis can accentuate the problem.

As with all things it is take in moderation and behave responsibly by not driving while under the influence.
I have never taken it myself, I don't need artificially heightened sensations but I wouldn't hesitate to take it as a painkiller.
I tried it once when I wss 17........ never again.
I think I overdid it......I hsted the fact I knew what I wanted to do but my body refused to listen

like most things.....moderation is the key.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of wacky baccy.
I used to grow it in my back garden in South London years ago.
I always made sure it was mixed with my tomatoes plants.
I never mixed my drugs which is why I never had side effects.

Robert it is legal now in the UK and you don't need to start smoking it. I am only saying this incase you are a non smoker and you don't want to start.

https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-oil-parkinsons/

But a word or warning I would ask your consultant or your gp first and see if they have any knowledge on a good source where you can purchase it from. You may well be able to get it through the NHS.

Some of the adverts on the internet maybe dodgy and just after your money.

Do you not have a support group that you can talk to about this and maybe some one on there will be using Hemp Oil and they could tell you where to purchase.
Good luck which ever way you go mate.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of wacky baccy.
I used to grow it in my back garden in South London years ago.
I always made sure it was mixed with my tomatoes plants.
I never mixed my drugs which is why I never had side effects.

Robert it is legal now in the UK and you don't need to start smoking it. I am only saying this incase you are a non smoker and you don't want to start.

https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-oil-parkinsons/

But a word or warning I would ask your consultant or your gp first and see if they have any knowledge on a good source where you can purchase it from. You may well be able to get it through the NHS.

Some of the adverts on the internet maybe dodgy and just after your money.

Do you not have a support group that you can talk to about this and maybe some one on there will be using Hemp Oil and they could tell you where to purchase.
Good luck which ever way you go mate.
There is plenty wrong with it and you are pathetic to boast about growing the stuff. It is a pity you weren't caught and prosecuted.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is plenty wrong with it and you are pathetic to boast about growing the stuff. It is a pity you weren't caught and prosecuted.

Lady or man whatever you are.

You would have been found floating in the Thames if you lived anywhere near me and were known as a grass pardon the pun.

Enjoy your grumbling life .

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top