Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Re: Whats wrong with taking up two spaces?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
its not just car parking spaces but house garages as well. The average new house may just be big enough for a mini but not for the average size saloon car.
We could just get our Ford Focus Estate in our garage, but it was difficult getting out of it once parked. Now no one parks in it as it's full of stuff. Makes a good storage unit though.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
its not just car parking spaces but house garages as well. The average new house may just be big enough for a mini but not for the average size saloon car.
Yes some years ago I bought a new build in Wickford the garage was so small I could never get my car in there without a squeeze to get out the door. Then a few years later bought this one and I made the garage into the downstairs living room it was so large. Now I have an extra bedroom upstairs where the old living room used to be. Its the same with all new builds now even the rooms are titchy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes some years ago I bought a new build in Wickford the garage was so small I could never get my car in there without a squeeze to get out the door. Then a few years later bought this one and I made the garage into the downstairs living room it was so large. Now I have an extra bedroom upstairs where the old living room used to be. Its the same with all new builds now even the rooms are titchy.
My garage is integral & a lot of people in our road have done the same thing as you. Most have the garage as an extra bedroom. We find mine more use as a storage unit.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Why on earth are these scumbags not fined heavily for taking up two car parking spaces better still wheel clamp the scum and make them pay a hefty fine.
So if I understand you correctly Doc you are saying I don't have the right to have a big car, I don't have the right to be able to open my car door properly, I must accept others banging their doors onmy car.

It's NOT my problem there are too many people in this country, it's NOT my problem if I choose to have a big car, it's NOT my problem if the car park owner wants to get as many cars (ie customers) into the store.

As it happens I have quite a small car, and it's what is often refered to as an 'old banger' but nevertheless I do park over two spaces and I don't care if that stops someone getting in to the store to do their shop. If the country was not so hugely overcrowded we could all have proper size parking spaces but the plebs are determined to bring us down to one common denominater i.e. everyone own a small car, everyone live in a tiny house, no one have any garden, in this world (only 20 to 30 years away) pets such as large dogs will be outlawed, George Orwell got it right, the only thing he got wrong was the date (1984) but his predicitions are comming you can be sure of that
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 02:56 PM

I have this parking problem all the time in fact my car is going in next week for ding removals
I have a two door car now these have even bigger doors than four doors so if I try park in a normal car park I cannot get out and other people are always hitting my doors
So when going to the supermarket I have to take my four door car which happens to be 4x4 but when parking I always park as far away from the store as possible where nobody else has parked but you can guarantee someone will park next to you even if the place is empty
This is one of my pet hates just make the spaces bigger and not for cars from the 1960's
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 10:47 PM

Scumbags....all of em.
just seen this.....grrrrr

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:07 PM

....That's yours though?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
....That's yours though?
Damn........ok, it was staged......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
....That's yours though?
Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Damn........ok, it was staged......
Oh, lucky I saw that. I was just going to come and scrape down the side with my key.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

14-01-2017, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, lucky I saw that. I was just going to come and scrape down the side with my key.
The Car Park Vigilante

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top