Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 05:01 PM

Re: Theresa May telling the EU how it will be!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
There is no justice Realspeed, the treatment meted out to your son and daughter-in-law is an absolute disgrace.
Where on earth do the government get their stupid, skewed thinking from? your daughter-in-law by right should be able to enter into the country immediately. She is married to an Englishman, is self-sufficent, both in excellent professions, not dependent on claiming benefits. able to support themselves and no doubt able to buy their own property. Exactly the type of person that no-one could or should object to coming into this country to live.
Your son and daughter-in-law as well as yourself have every right to feel angry and wronged when one sees just who HAS been allowed to walk in without any bother.
They already have their own property over here and able to extend it to take all of them. it is let out at the moment
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Indeed.
The faster the UK starts to implement its own laws the better...and stop blaming the EU.

The laws of the EU allow free movement of labour, not free movement of people. Almost every EU immigrant has a job to go to sicne the unemployment rate is less than 5% and is considered close to full employment.
I note the UK is combing EU countries right now for more doctors and nurses...there aren't enough in the UK. Which brings me to ask with nearly everyone employed, who is going to do the work EU immigrants used to do? Where are you going to find 100,000 UK people to clean toilets, wipe disabled people's bottoms and pick broccoli in a frozen field?

BTW SF, your synopsis is not new. And if offers nothing in detail. And I suspect Mayhem's speech won't either.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

I note the UK is combing EU countries right now for more doctors and nurses...there aren't enough in the UK. Which brings me to ask with nearly everyone employed, who is going to do the work EU immigrants used to do? Where are you going to find 100,000 UK people to clean toilets, wipe disabled people's bottoms and pick broccoli in a frozen field?
You mean 99,999 people. I scrub bogs for a living and I guess if a disabled person was sitting on it at the time I could multi-task although admittedly I've not been cloned to cover that vast number.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 07:48 PM

Indeed.
The faster the UK starts to implement its own laws the better...and stop blaming the EU.

The laws of the EU allow free movement of labour, not free movement of people. Almost every EU immigrant has a job to go to sicne the unemployment rate is less than 5% and is considered close to full employment.
Pay them a decent wage and British people will do these jobs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
They already have their own property over here and able to extend it to take all of them. it is let out at the moment
I think your sons situation is extraordinary and grossly unfair .
How come men marry mail order brides form various counties and they get into the uk?
How about the Pakistani communities?
They used to they bring in spouses from the sub continent perhaps this has stopped now .
My son has dual English /Australian nationality so he would be in the same position if he marries an Australian girl yet a Romanian big issue seller can come in no problemo!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Exactly, spot on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hi

What exactly do you call a decent wage?

I have no objection to a Living Wage being paid, provided that it is matched by a reduction in Benefits to match, we should not be subsidising Private Companies.

There would be no savings, as many minimum wages are in the NHS and Local Councils.

We would also be paying more for services, the price of things would inevitably rise.

The remainder of the money would have to be spent on training, we are short of Nurses, HGV Drivers, welders, engineers etc.

There will be a time lag, of several years, we need to train people.

We also need to get away from the Benefits Culture, which is very noticeable, at least locally.

The only unemployed in my village are locals, low achievers from families with a history of unemployment.

I find this very sad.

The other thing we could do immediately is to deport the 600,000 illegals, they take jobs, and contribute nothing.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Just how do you go about deporting 600,000 illegals with no papers and in hiding, and to where do you depot them if they are not accepted by another country.
You cannot make a person stateless.

Isn't it SO easy to give advice or find silver bullets in front of your computer?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Don't apologise for going off track Floydy. Any mention of my hero Nigel is perfectly okay! I, along with 17 million others, will always be thankful to him for making Call-Me-Dave panic into allowing the referendum to take place that he thought would never happen.

I wonder why Dave didn't include him for a knighthood!?
Dave Who?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Just how do you go about deporting 600,000 illegals with no papers and in hiding, and to where do you depot them if they are not accepted by another country.
You cannot make a person stateless.

Isn't it SO easy to give advice or find silver bullets in front of your computer?
Put them on Euroblunder trains and drop them off in France.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top