Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Re: How can anyone deny the Holocaust happened?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Mups read the original post again.

Tara is asking a rhetorical question...Are they making it up as well as those who liberated them?

The answer is of course NO!

Those in denial, and they do unfortunately exist, are evil thick dense and stupid.

Ooh, I think I'll bow out of this one. . .
Thanks anyway ruthio.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Every event in history is questioned at some point. There are people who don't believe man landed on the moon. I think credence is given just by discussing it.

Just file them away in a folder named curious people.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
Every event in history is questioned at some point. There are people who don't believe man landed on the moon. I think credence is given just by discussing it.

Just file them away in a folder named curious people.
This.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Having said that though....I wasn't there so I don't know what went on. As the victors in the second world war we can make up any story we want about the monsters who perpetrated this vile act and damn them to eternity, but what if the Germans would have won? Would the British and allies have been made out to be the monsters?
Good point! If the Axis powers had won the war, The British and Americans would have appeared in the history books as the inhuman monsters who killed thousands of civilians in the Dresden firestorm, Nagasaki and Hiroshima. History, as they say, is written by the victors.

Holocaust denial is usually confined to the extreme right and extreme Islamists. There is enough evidence for few (if any) sensible people to deny that it happened.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:14 PM

History has always been written through the eyes and pens of the victors. What did the Romans do for us? These ancient monuments are amazing. Well it was slaves who died by the tens of thousands who built them.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Good point! If the Axis powers had won the war, The British and Americans would have appeared in the history books as the inhuman monsters who killed thousands of civilians in the Dresden firestorm, Nagasaki and Hiroshima. History, as they say, is written by the victors.

Holocaust denial is usually confined to the extreme right and extreme Islamists. There is enough evidence for few (if any) sensible people to deny that it happened.
Fair play Mick, you nailed that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must have my extra thick head on this morning, because how does that answer my question?

What did the people you saw on telly do to make you think they were denying everything?

I thought you said these survivors had relics of their time spent there? Why does that make them in denial?
I didn't say the people on the Antiques Roadshow were denying anything, they were telling us their terrible experiences in the extermination camps!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I didn't say the people on the Antiques Roadshow were denying anything, they were telling us their terrible experiences in the extermination camps!

Sorry T, I interpreted it all wrong it seems. Ignore me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:43 PM

I watched the programme today , it's unimaginable how those poor souls lived through those times . My son is going to ausvitch in February , I told him it will be very difficult for him . I don't think I could cope with the emotion and pain I would feel there . I couldn't go .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:56 PM

My I ask.

What does the Holocaust mean?

57 million+ died in WW2

Hitler was evil but to be fair to him he was evil to all.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top