Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 02:50 PM

No Appointments

I had to see my doctor last week because of my eyes playing up. She was very nice and told me she would refer me to the Eye Dept. at the hospital. She was marking it as "Urgent".

The letter came today offering one of the "Choose & Book" thingy's where you have a choice of hospitals to attend, and you can make your own appointment online.

I have just tried 3 different hospitals, and all three have come back as "No appointments available."

I rang my GP's secretary to ask for advice, but it appears she only works mornings, so had gone home.
I range the Reception desk to ask if there was anyone else that could help, and was told "No - the only person that can deal with this only works till 1 o/clock."
I asked if she would please pass my message on to my GP, but was told "I can't do that - she's gone home as well."

So I am not a happy bunny, and am worried about my eyes if I can't see anyone for months.
What would you do?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 02:56 PM

Re: No Appointments

Raise merry hell, just not on TBH.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Oh dear welcome to my world, sadly its the way things are going, all you can do is confront them. It should be their to sort it out, i would down to give them a good kicking but i fall over if i try,so im sticking my tongue out at em.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:15 PM

Phone the booking office at the hospital, tell them you have an urgent appointment and there are no slots available for you to book.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:25 PM

Hi

I am having the opposite problem, mine has been brought forward from a month away until tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Well maybe you can charm the birds out of the trees Swims.
Fancy helping me to work some magic too?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Oh dear welcome to my world, sadly its the way things are going, all you can do is confront them. It should be their to sort it out, i would down to give them a good kicking but i fall over if i try,so im sticking my tongue out at em.

Thank you Nom, any help appreciated. I will let you know if it helps.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:45 PM

I think I'm going to be in a similar position at my hospital soon.

I went for an eye test at the opticians last April and the eye pressure was up so they made an urgent referral to to the eye clinic.

I have an eye phobia so I wasn't looking forward to it a bit. Eight months later the eye appointment turned up.

When I went for the check it showed glaucoma in one eye and suspected in the other. They gave me drops and asked me to come back in three weeks. The Nurse Practitioner said getting an appointment was going to be a nightmare, they would have to cancel and rebook someone else's appointment and give it to me.

If I hadn't received anything close to the time, she gave the Consultants Secretary phone number to contact her. I'm going to wait the three weeks to phone I think.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well maybe you can charm the birds out of the trees Swims.
Fancy helping me to work some magic too?
Hi

Ignorance is bliss Mups, there must be a reason for bringing it so far forward.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 04:18 PM

Mups I am still waiting since last October to even hear about an appointment with a cardiologist .

I didn't realise till the other day when listening to the radio that in many instances third party organisations called 'referral mangement centers' decides whether or not you get an appointment at a hospital following a referral from your GP.

One man who had repeated boils on his eyelid which prevented his eyelid opening as well as being painful was deemed by his GPs referral center not to require a referral to hospital

The centres, sometimes run by private firms, vet GP referrals and decide if patients should receive hospital care.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38372332

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top