Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:37 PM

Re: pedestrian accident on unadopted highway/private road

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
On many forums there are members who enjoy baiting others and seem to get some kind of kick doing so.

Maybe it is because these people have a very sad life with no other interests, I don't know.

The best way I have found after trying to explain or answer is eventually to ignore them which must leave them very frustrated, but that is their problem not mine.

I am a member of several internet forums covering a wide range of topics to keep my mind active and not get stale and fixated as these people do.
I'm sorry. I hadn't realised that Realist was baiting you. Perhaps you and he have some past history.

Nevertheless, as I said, if you don't want to answer that's your prerogative.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:47 PM

Ahhh, like I said, that's weird.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:57 PM

Once a month, I have to walk an unadopted road, anything could happen, what if I fell over and damaged my Privates.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Once a month, I have to walk an unadopted road, anything could happen, what if I fell over and damaged my Privates.

You'd best ask Mrs.Spitty that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:00 AM

Would I be able to Claim?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:21 AM

Someone would have to examine your privates for injury spitty if you wanted to go down the 'No Win, No Feel' road.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 08:04 AM

Hi

I live on a private road, it is unadopted, the end of the cul de sac.

There is no public right of way, we have to take our bins to the adopted road.

It is our responsibility to maintain the road, it is only around 70 yards long.

The house is 8 years old and the road is covered by a 30 year bond for maintenance.

We are covered on our house insurance for any person who has a legitimate reason for using the road, such as the Postman.

The insurance does not cover anyone else,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-01-2017, 08:21 AM

Have you ever seen those little roads, in the middle of nowhere, that contain half a dozen or so houses, there are no shops or public attractions present, but there is a sign saying "No Parking" or "No Turning", who the heck would want to?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We are covered on our house insurance for any person who has a legitimate reason for using the road, such as the Postman.

The insurance does not cover anyone else,
So does that mean that someone up to no good - burglars or vandals - are not covered if they injure themselves?

More importantly, does that mean they could have a claim against you?

Personally, I'd not give them a penny and hope that they hurt themselves badly.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 06:39 PM

I have been to where she tripped over and it is not a private road as she thought it was

This is where she tripped. No pavement just there either side

As you can see the concrete slap has lifted considerably

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top