Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:19 AM

British "Independence Day"

I know that it isn't all over yet, but, as Cameron might say, "it's always good to have a plan".

Should we celebrate our Independence on the anniversary of the referendum?

Or should we pick the day we actually leave?

Hopefully there will be nation wide celebrations including Street Parties and the like.

Also, Hopefully, we will not decide to celebrate by eating, yet more, Turkey meals!

Turkeys are having a tough enough time these days.

I guess a few subjects will not feel able to attend, but "Hey Ho!"
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Re: British "Independence Day"

That's an interesting idea

There are arguments for and against different dates, including the one we don't yet know, but I think that The Referendum was one of the most important events in this country for decades, and is so well known that it would have to be 23 rd June
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:47 AM

The day we leave I think, I'm not going to believe it until it actually happens. Although how about two parties I always think you can't have too much fun in life, never heard anyone say I wish I'd been more miserable during my lifetime
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:53 AM

I don't need a day to celebrate, getting out of the EU will be enough for me .

On the day we 'officially' leave I hope to go up onto the hills with my dog and survey the land around in the knowledge that the country is ours once again
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:17 AM

Hi

If we have an Independence Day who will defend us from the Aliens?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:20 AM

Trumpy of course.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we have an Independence Day who will defend us from the Aliens?
They will have to have the skills we need.

And be able to speak English!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Why an independance day why not just celebrate being English and re-celebrate St Georges day? Let the Scots celebrate St Andrews and the Welsh St Davids..
Or have the Queens birthday as a national holiday let union flags fly unheaded by claims of racisim and the street parties bring people togther instead of focusing on negative issues all the time.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

27-01-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Why an independance day why not just celebrate being English and re-celebrate St Georges day? Let the Scots celebrate St Andrews and the Welsh St Davids..
Or have the Queens birthday as a national holiday let union flags fly unheaded by claims of racisim and the street parties bring people togther instead of focusing on negative issues all the time.
I guess I just thought that the Scottish, The Welsh, and The Northern Irish deserve to share our celebration....!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I guess I just thought that the Scottish, The Welsh, and The Northern Irish deserve to share our celebration....!
Then the Queens birthday would be ideal, celebrate being British, one flag etc

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top