Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:16 PM

Euratom

Hi

Brian Cox has been speaking on this.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/bria...11364142538435

I agree totally, it is pointless, stupid and will cost us a fortune.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 06:16 PM

Re: Euratom

Groan! yet another luvvie who believes he knows what is best for us. Damn the taxpayer and the cost to us.
I would love to put the lot of them in a bucket and down a deep well.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Groan! yet another luvvie who believes he knows what is best for us. Damn the taxpayer and the cost to us.
Hi

Well, we will have to disagree on this one.

I see no reason for senseless self harm.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
He's speaking total sense. Why should we have to renegotiate existing agreements just because they fall under the EU umbrella?

This is something they need to urgently find a solution to because it doesn't effect just Nuclear power, but medical research, medical supplies, financial services and systems, legal systems, probably the internet and telecommunications too etc, the list is too long.

It's a shambles if they can't come to a sensible agreement on these areas and stop trying to oversimplify the over-complicated.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 07:47 PM

Sorry but Cox is quite plainly an establishment puppet, there to present the "universe" to us in the way they want us to believe it.

He isn't about to tell the nation the truth about the world.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-01-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry but Cox is quite plainly an establishment puppet, there to present the "universe" to us in the way they want us to believe it.

He isn't about to tell the nation the truth about the world.
Hi

So what is the truth about the world?

We collaborate with other countries to share costs, which makes sense.

If we are to survive in a competitive free trade world we need to export, so our goods must be competitively priced.

Pricing ourselves out of the market is not a good idea.

We are supposed to be supporting our industry, not hand cuffing it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:38 PM

Brian Cox knows nothing about running a country or getting the best deal out of exiting the EU. He should stick to what he does best otherwise he will end up making a fool of himself, if he hasn't already. I live across the road from an Oxford graduate in physics, I love him to bits but he can't even put a plug on or set up the programmer for his central heating......I know nothing about the origins of the universe, but I can put plugs on all day and sort out my programmer with a blindfold on.....

PS:- And an arm tied behind my back!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-01-2017, 02:35 AM

Hi

Cutting off your nose to spite your face is never a good idea.

The main purpose of Euratom is to collaborate on the development of Fusion, the project is called ITER.

It is a worldwide project, other members are USA, Russia, China, India, Japan and South Korea.

We have now cut ourselves out of this, a completely stupid decision.

So much for being world leaders in free trade and international cooperation.

We lose all the money we have put in, will not get any more contracts and will have to buy the system if it works rather than sharing in the profits.

Every other major economy in the world is part of ITER, the only one leaving is the UK.

It does not make sense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We have now cut ourselves out of this, a completely stupid decision.
Have we?

I was under the impression that negotiations were continuing. We have not yet left the EU and, when we do, I'm hoping that final agreements will be to our benefit.

There are, in my mind, two main reasons why we should not be obliged to leave Euratom:

Firstly, Euratom was established long before the EU was a dream in its parents' minds.

Secondly, our continued membership of Euratom would benefit the remnants of the EU at least as much as it would benefit us.

Of course, when it comes to cutting noses off to spite faces, I think the EU dictators are the experts!
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Brian Cox has been speaking on this.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/bria...11364142538435

I agree totally, it is pointless, stupid and will cost us a fortune.
Thank you swimfeeders and I agree . I was hoping there would be a small amendment to the Bill to correct this. It seems a worthwhile organisation which is involved in nuclear power safety and coordination of longer term research such as at the fusion power research at Culham near Oxford. Hopefully perhaps it can be saved by a Lords amendment?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top