Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:08 PM

Re: Euratom

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Well I hope these various fudges are successful but cannot stop thinking that none of this would be needed if Britain had not decided to shoot itself in the foot with the Brexit referendum which should never have happened in the first place. Poorly educated people were asked to make a binary choice on an extremely complicated issue and they voted for seeing less Polish plumbers in their pub without realising the huge economic chaos and vast administrative problems that leaving the EU would bring. The less bright just felt that they wanted to defy the elite that was advising them to vote remain and instead sent the country to Hell in a Handcart in doing so!
I wouldn't expect less from an ex Doctor who think they are the only people in Britain who can think....Most Doctors I know can't even put a plug on.
My decision to exit the EU had nothing to do with Polish Plumbers - who incidentally I have the greatest respect for - but not apparently for pompous, smug, overbearing Ex Doctors who believe they are Gods gift to knowledge.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wouldn't expect less from an ex Doctor who think they are the only people in Britain who can think....Most Doctors I know can't even put a plug on.
My decision to exit the EU had nothing to do with Polish Plumbers - who incidentally I have the greatest respect for - but not apparently for pompous, smug, overbearing Ex Doctors who believe they are Gods gift to knowledge.
I have met a large number of doctors in my time and, although I am not as highly qualified as them, I can honestly say that they are not all what I would term highly intelligent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:15 PM

Well I hope these various fudges are successful but cannot stop thinking that none of this would be needed if Britain had not decided to shoot itself in the foot with the Brexit referendum which should never have happened in the first place. Poorly educated people were asked to make a binary choice on an extremely complicated issue and they voted for seeing less Polish plumbers in their pub without realising the huge economic chaos and vast administrative problems that leaving the EU would bring. The less bright just felt that they wanted to defy the elite that was advising them to vote remain and instead sent the country to Hell in a Handcart in doing so!
Computers and Robots make Binary Choices every day, and they are quite smart.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:22 PM

In an artificial sort of way.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:36 PM

Well knowing this place I didn't expect agreement but felt I should say what I think!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:39 PM

Well knowing this place I didn't expect agreement but felt I should say what I think!
Fair enough Philip.....Sorry.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:51 PM

wow! this is a bit like reading trump's twitter feed!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Poorly educated people were asked to make a binary choice on an extremely complicated issue and they voted for seeing less Polish plumbers in their pub without realising the huge economic chaos and vast administrative problems that leaving the EU would bring.
The less bright just felt that they wanted to defy the elite that was advising them to vote remain and instead sent the country to Hell in a Handcart in doing so!
You've made me feel reet unsnotor now because I didn't even vote. I couldn't make up me mind. I never realised plumbers were polish cos my plumber isn't. That must be what obnubilated it for me .. .. and confuscation over the binary thing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 12:06 AM

Nothing wrong with saying what you think, but perhaps you could have said it more politely.

"Poorly educated people...
"The less bright just felt that they wanted to defy the elite that was advising them to vote remain"

I don't consider myself 'poorly educated' or 'less bright' and I voted for Brexit.

I'm sure that there were many 'well educated' and 'very bright' people who also voted in favour of leaving.

Even if that were not the case, are you suggesting that only the most intelligent people in this country should have had a vote on the matter? I wouldn't describe that as a democracy.

You are also suggesting that leaving the EU is not only wrong, but a stupid decision. Why? Any evidence, or just conjecture?

Don't you think it would be better to wait a few years and see whether or not it was a wise move? All that has happened so far would indicate that it was. Neither have any of the many scare stories come to pass yet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 04:44 PM

Hi

A couple of points.

I voted for Brexit, My choice, my decision.

It was not an east decision, I thought long and hard about it, but to my mind it was the only rational decision.

What I did not vote for is sheer stupidity.

I expected a modicum of Common Sense for us to get out at the minimum possible cost to ourselves.

That was the object of the exercise, it was not to commit Financial Suicide.

The decision to leave Euratom is ours and ours alone, a stupid decision.

I cannot agree with Phillip. we are not sheepies who voted to leave.

He does however have a very valid point about leaving the EU Medical Verification and Licensing System, it is another thong which will cost us Billions.

The object of the exercise is to leave, in a very pragmatic and cost effective manner.

It is not to leave under absolutely stupid conditions which will give power and money to Merkel and Juncker.

That is totally wrong, the object of leaving is to make sure that we have a better future and not be continually ripped off.

Unfortunately our Politicians do not seem up to the game, more interested in themselves than the rest of us.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top