Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:41 PM

Re: Euratom

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

For the avoidance of doubt, it is not the EU who are insisting that we leave.

It is a decision made purely by our Brexiteers.

No one else is leaving, Not the USA, Russia or China.

It is pure stupidity on our part.

I voted to leave, I will not change my mind.

I will not however vote to hand Billions to Merkel and Juncker on a plate just to promote the Political ambitions of Gove and Boris.

The object of the exercise as far as I was concerned was to make sure Merkel and Juncker did not get another penny from us.
This begs a couple of questions.

Do the US, Russia and China contribute financially to the EU or to Euratom independently?

Are the US, Russia and China subject to orders issued from Brussels?

In short, I'd be perfectly willing to join the US, Russia and China under the same conditions.

Perhaps that's May's eventual intention.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Hi

Euratom is financed by those you have mentioned, the research is too expensive for any one Nation State.

It has naff all to do with Merkel or Juncker, it is purely Science led.

Leaving means we lose all the money we have put in.

It is a example of the sheer stupidity of some of the extreme brexiteers.

I want to leave, I do not want to give a penny when we leave to Merkel or Juncker.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:06 PM

I'd be very surprised if, at the end of the day, we do not take our rightful place within that research group.

I hope that May's intention is to leave, when we leave the EU, and then join again as an independent nation.

The EU might well try to cut their noses of to spite their faces, but the other members are likely to welcome us with open arms.

We shall see.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:19 PM

Hi

You really do not ger this do you.

We have decided to leave, not the EU or anyone ele.

Leaving means that we lose all the money that we have put in.

We then have to reapply to join to join and if we can, we have to pay Billions again.

This is sheer stupidity, Billion lost to no avail.

You may be willing to accept this, I am not.

It is totally wrong that we should be giving Billions away when we need this money.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:32 PM

There might not be a EU to negotiate with if Junckers forecast is true....
There are many countries that still believe in Britain.....It's a pity that some of our own citizens don't........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-brexit-talks/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-02-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You really do not ger this do you.

We have decided to leave, not the EU or anyone ele.

Leaving means that we lose all the money that we have put in.

We then have to reapply to join to join and if we can, we have to pay Billions again.

This is sheer stupidity, Billion lost to no avail.

You may be willing to accept this, I am not.

It is totally wrong that we should be giving Billions away when we need this money.
Let's just calm down and wait and see, shall we?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-02-2017, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There might not be a EU to negotiate with if Junckers forecast is true....
There are many countries that still believe in Britain.....It's a pity that some of our own citizens don't........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-brexit-talks/
My sentiments exactly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd be very surprised if, at the end of the day, we do not take our rightful place within that research group.

I hope that May's intention is to leave, when we leave the EU, and then join again as an independent nation.

The EU might well try to cut their noses of to spite their faces, but the other members are likely to welcome us with open arms.

We shall see.

I believe they will find a way to make these things work. These are not political organisations and they will find a solution to all the bureaucracy. It's just creating a mountain of work for some people, some highly paid management consultants / project managers no doubt.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I believe they will find a way to make these things work. These are not political organisations and they will find a solution to all the bureaucracy. It's just creating a mountain of work for some people, some highly paid management consultants / project managers no doubt.

Yes that's true, why did we let it get so far before we could see where it was going to end up, and put a stop to it sooner......
At least we should only have to do it once.....And then we will be rid of the power hungry monopoly that is the EU.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top