Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Re: What will we miss from Europe ?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No don't you dare we love it win or lose we do Eurovision evening eating or drinking something from as many countries as we can. Embrace it Uj it's great fun.

In the words of pygmalion - "not bloody likely"!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not.

Those horrible out of season strawberries from Spain and the equally flavourless tomatoes.
I won't miss anything from the EU

No doubt the horrible strawberries will still arrive as will most things we import now when a deal is stuck . I don't eat them anyway .

When I drink wine it comes from Australia and New Zealand rather then what I consider to be the overpriced inferior wine from the EU .
I understand when we leave the EU wine from 'the new world' will cost less so yippee to that
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 02:20 PM

A pity but I don't think we will see the back of the Euro Vision even though it is the most hideous thing on TV
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

No doubt the horrible strawberries will still arrive as will most things we import now when a deal is stuck . I don't eat them anyway .

When I drink wine it comes from Australia and New Zealand rather then what I consider to be the overpriced inferior wine from the EU .
I understand when we leave the EU wine from 'the new world' will cost less so yippee to that
Hi

You can forget cheap wine Meg, it is us who tax it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:20 PM

T'other side of the South Downs from me is one of the finest (have won a number of awards) wineries in Europe - ain't I the lucky one??? - shame I'm not allowed to drink that much booze anymore!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Whys that ?
I also like Australian wine and a nice Marlborough from NZ.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Yes we tax wine Gibbs however as I said in my post above when we leave the EU wine from Australia /New Zealand should cost less. This is because we are expected to have a free trade agreement with them and that will increase the large quantities of wine we already buy from them .

Steven Ciobo (Australian politician) said the cost could fall after the UK quits the European Union if a free trade agreement is signed between the two countries.

Ending EU import duty on wine could slash between 10p to 15p off the cost of a litre of wine, according to government body Wine Australia.

Asked on BBC radio whether consumers could benefit from cheaper Australian wine, Mr Ciobo said: “Look, absolutely. Cheap Australian wine I think is a good fringe benefit of a FTA (free trade agreement) if we are able to put one in place.”
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3338871.html
This was also confirmed in a discussion I heard on the radio with a sommelier and a wine importer.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Here is proof positive of the level of conversation in here.

The question is what will you (not) miss and all you can think of is food and drink and popular music.

The price of a FTA with Australia is more immigrants from there. That has been made clear.

How about the billions you get in grants to improve the infrastructure of the UK?
The billions you get to support the farming industry that gives you the food you are so obsessed with?

The billions you get in funding for scientific research and development?
A seat at the table that develops huge profit making airliners.

The knowledge that your meat is not full of hormones and your veg is not full of GM chemicals and your chickens are not bathed in chlorine? That they most likely will come from huge indoor buildings and never see daylight?

How about cheap food in supermarkets? Or cheap travel to Europe?

Or the universities will be hard pressed to recruit the best minds and best students?

Bollocks to strawberries...you eat your own in season. If you don't like them out of season don't buy them.

Will you miss control over your NHS if you do a trade deal with the US? Do you really want to do a deal that is always going to be to their benefit? Because it will be.

This thread should be called Little England.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Little independent England.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Little independent England.
Oh yes, I"ll drink to that. Well not quite now , but later at wineoclock.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top