Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:03 AM

Re: Trump's 'state' visit

I didn't know they did Annie, you would have thought it was a central government cost, surely there is a budget for State visits?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think people are being very silly trying to make an enemy of the USA, we have welcomed some despots in our time, deal with some very nasty regimes but we need to trade and have diplomatic relations with them so we expect our government and our royals to behave well and represent us.

I don't see trump as any worse than many,he's untrained and not a politician perhaps our calm Mrs May and our royals can bring some experience and help him to be a better leader.

Ostracising him is madness IMO
I agree and said this on the other state visit thread.
I'm tempted to copy and paste my post but I can be bothered, we just go round in circles on here!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didn't know they did Annie, you would have thought it was a central government cost, surely there is a budget for State visits?
I hope so, although it's still taxpayer money. He will probably need lots of extra security.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Just what are we going to export to the USA?
Snowflakes?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Snowflakes?
They sadly have enough of their own.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
They sadly have enough of their own.
true.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
All the stuff that we used to export to the EU....Trumps promised that America is open for business with Britain....At no extra cost.
Someone has a short memory - the wicked witch closed down our manufacturing industries, so we don't make a lot anymore. Besides, since Trump said he'd put America first, anything we manufacture, can probably be made in the U.S. anyway.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:18 PM

So Here I am and I would like to ask a Question,but ya can't dance around it I need an Honest answer,If we in the U.S. did what You did and did the petition thing,How would we Look To You?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
So Here I am and I would like to ask a Question,but ya can't dance around it I need an Honest answer,If we in the U.S. did what You did and did the petition thing,How would we Look To You?
Unfriendly, bolshy, aggressive and not a nation I'd want to trade with.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Someone has a short memory - the wicked witch closed down our manufacturing industries, so we don't make a lot anymore. Besides, since Trump said he'd put America first, anything we manufacture, can probably be made in the U.S. anyway.
Hey Trump has said he would assist and have G.B. back,Now so far he has kept his word on what he has said in his speech's.Is there any reason he would not do as he said he would.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top